SD Card with Kitkat

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I did a lot of forum browsing but I couldn't find a definitive answer to this question.
Do SD Cards work fine with the update? Some threads said yes, some said no. I'm basically wondering will I be able to save all my Music/Videos/Pictures, and games to the device without issue.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I did a lot of forum browsing but I couldn't find a definitive answer to this question.
Do SD Cards work fine with the update? Some threads said yes, some said no. I'm basically wondering will I be able to save all my Music/Videos/Pictures, and games to the device without issue.

Micro SD card works fine for me on KitKat. I haven't had any issues. Now I'm not on AT&T, I have the T-Mobile version. But they should be comparable. Hope this helps.

Sent from the Galaxy Note 3...yeah, its spectacular.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

The question isn't do sd cards work, but will your apps. For me using the stock apps I can put files on the SD Card fine. My pics and videos are set to go there, plex puts synced content on it. Games should continue to work as long as they are written to allow for it.

If something doesn't work then the app just needs an update most likely. Then you are at the mercy of the developer.

Things get interesting when you use apps that access data that don't belong to them. That is really what this whole debate is about.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs