Have you received your AT&T Lollipop 5.0 update yet? If so area are you in?

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
And still no notification. I'm not going to push for it. I'm happy with everything about kitkat except for the subpar gps

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
And still no notification. I'm not going to push for it. I'm happy with everything about kitkat except for the subpar gps

Sub par GPS? Why you attacking my Note 3 and her sub par GPS? She's doing the best she can and she's not here to defend herself, be nice.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
A while ago. I was trying to edit a photo in the gallery section, and the AT&T Software Update screen popped up on its own.
Wow big update it's 1059.28 MB.

cdawg4501

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Using a stock AT&T Note 3 on Cricket Wireless and still don't have Lollipop. Am I just at AT&T's mercy?

Posted via the Android Central App

SirRadiodude

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
RUN!

You only need to know one thing..
DON'T DO THE "UPGRADE"

I have 2 At&t Note 3s... one now 5.0 and other 4.4.4

In my case:
30-40% less battery-life directly correlates relates to OS (not other apps) using 30-40% more RAM at idle. Android 5.0 is using 1.1GB at idle!!!!! Just the OS, no apps. Not 1.1GB total system use... just OS. In my case my phone went from 1.4GB total at idle to over 2GB and that means when I actually opened apps it started to significantly lag as phone approached 2.78GB limit.

AnTuTu benchmark scores DECREASED by several thousand as well. :mad:

It probably is an AT&T & Samsung ruining Android 5.0 instead of the other way around, but regardless... DON'T "UPGRADE." :'(

SirRadiodude

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I feel your pain.
In my case I only did my phone while my wife is spared for now.
It's to the point I'll be selling the phone I really have loved..... and really the best smartphone I've ever had going back 10 years and Windows CE days.

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
RUN!

You only need to know one thing..
DON'T DO THE "UPGRADE"

I have 2 At&t Note 3s... one now 5.0 and other 4.4.4

In my case:
30-40% less battery-life directly correlates relates to OS (not other apps) using 30-40% more RAM at idle. Android 5.0 is using 1.1GB at idle!!!!! Just the OS, no apps. Not 1.1GB total system use... just OS. In my case my phone went from 1.4GB total at idle to over 2GB and that means when I actually opened apps it started to significantly lag as phone approached 2.78GB limit.

AnTuTu benchmark scores DECREASED by several thousand as well. :mad:

It probably is an AT&T & Samsung ruining Android 5.0 instead of the other way around, but regardless... DON'T "UPGRADE." :'(

I updated mine when the update first rolled out. I hated it. Apps wouldn't run, battery sucked. Did a factory restore and I wouldn't trade my note 3 for anything on the market now. The update worked great for me, AFTER A FACTORY RESET!

Posted via the Android Central App

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Just got my update 20 minutes ago. Haven't installed and I'm not going to for as long as I can. My wife's phone runs like crap and I have done a factory reset on hers. I'll just keep kit Kat for as long as I can.

Dahornett

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I just downloaded yesterday. I like it for the most part. The only thing that really bugs me is the notification on the pull down menu showing im connected to wifi and my gear. Why is it there? I know im connected because i connected it. It shows im connected in my statis bar. The extra notification just takes up more space and i cant get rid of it. That's the only thing i hate with a passion. Please please please please please please fix this.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-02-01-45-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-02-01-45-16.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 19

SirRadiodude

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I STAND CORRECTED.
You are 100% right on the reset being required.
I didn't want to do a full factory reset (I am VERY particular about organization of apps), but it is an mandatory. I finally broke down and did a factory reset and it is running pretty smooth now.
My only complaints now are fairly nit-picky.
--> Chrome "tabs" feature is fairly meaningless now since it seems to open an entirely new chrome window... maybe I'm missing something.
--> Like others have mentioned notifications get very "busy" and cluttered seemingly more often.
--> S-Fitness has become non-functional. It cyclically crashes when it tries to download prior account data, then periodically in the background (unless I permanently disable the app). It's kinda a bummer since I do uses pedometer in conjunction with Gear Manager. I am sure it will be updated soon.... and I HAVE uninstalled and re-installed with no success.
--> Lastly... cosmetically the look of lollipop IMHO is unappealing... it's like they are trying to make android have the bubbly look of iOS. I believe most folks like Android because IT'S NOT iOS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch