Vibration issues while talking

Andrew Crane

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced issues while talking on the S4 and having the vibration module inside the phone vibrate from your voice when talking? When talking on mine, it acts almost like a tuning fork and it causes a vibration feel across the whole phone which I can feel in my hand and as well my ear. I can also get the same effect by loosely holding the phone and tapping on the screen while texting. It is an annoying feeling, and it makes the phone feel cheap.

Phone is about a week old and has been this way since day one.

BeardofOdin

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes I definitely have the same issue. Just picked mine up yesterday and you're the only other comment i've found online about it. I'm going to head back to the store later today to try out their display model and see if it has the same issue. I had to turn off the haptic feedback while typing because I found it so annoying! I consider it like a resonance "twanging" from a general vibration.

Potentially something loose inside or maybe it is from the vibrating mechanism but knowing how those usually work that's probably not the source of the twang but does contribute to it.

BeardofOdin

May 23, 2013
Visit site
So quickly ran back to Future Shop to take a look at another model and the floor model had this same twang/vibration but at a much lesser degree, and I got them to open up another brand new one (not powered on though) and it definitely did not have the same issue. So I'm going back tomorrow with my receipt and boxes and getting it replaced with that one. I'll post back here after I do the switch to confirm that it was isolated to my original one and not the new one I'm going to get.

BeardofOdin

May 23, 2013
Visit site
So got the replacement and do not have the twang / tuning fork feeling anymore from tapping the case while holding it or vibration motor / haptic feedback on typing so definitely a manufacturing defect with some of the phones it looks like.

If you're still under the 14 day warranty or whatever you have for quick replacement I'd highly advise getting it swapped out, as the difference is very noticeable. If not, and you don't have any sort of extra replacement warranty you may try opening up the phone (can follow directions at ifixit teardown) and see where the vibration is coming from. may be as simple as a circuit board is not being held down properly or something because a screw has loosened up (just a guess).

If you or anyone else finds a fix (or maybe calls samsung to see if they know about the issue) please update this thread for others. Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non