Restarting on it's own and freezing.

ashkir

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi there! I got my first smartphone recently and it was the 32gb black mist Samsung Galaxy S4 from AT&T. I've noticed something that keeps happening: The device keeps restarting on itself and sometimes it gets stuck on the loading circle symbol for five minutes before going on. Other times it freezes shows me my application screen then dodges straight back to lock screen where the touch doesn't work. It's quite annoying.

I noticed it happens most commonly when I'm sending text messages back/forth. Heavy text message user. Using the in app. The other apps that were open were camera, Twitter, and Facebook. This happened several times, and mostly happened when celleur reception was weak 1-2 bars in places like Death Valley or Mammoth Lakes or up in the Sierra Nevada. The phone has no scratches on it, has never been dropped yet. It's been doing this pretty much all the time. :/

My phone is unrooted as well. I never rooted it.

Anyone know if this is a known issue (I googled it and a ton of results came up with no real fix) and know what the fix is?

None the less the phone functions pretty well outside of the random restarting like 5-10 times a day on it's own usually in mid message and no draft is saved :/. The internet is quick, apps respond well (except Ingress [which is slow as hell] but this is an known issue apparently for the s4) and camera works well from what I learned besides from the occasional the entire screen turns white. Also bonus question: Why does the camera photo live look brighter but in the gallery it isn't?

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I had my first random reboot that I have noticed. I have had it for 3 weeks. Return your phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ashkir

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Dammit. It's hard to make it to the store since they close so early and my dad works until eight :/ he had to take off early to get me this phone. Now he's gonna just this and tell me android was a bad choice and give me an iPhone. :(

Well I guess I'll break the news my first phone choice was defective :( I really liked the s4

Posted via Android Central App

Edit : is there a way to save only my contacts list and pictures?

Edit 2: will att charge the restocking fee for this?

Edit 3: from googling replacement phones for defects are refurbished? Aren't those usually worse off?

Last edited: