Date on the top of the screen??

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
On my S3 I can place have the date displayed with the time and battery condition etc. on the top of the screen. Where do I find this option on the S4? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Yes. I did a search but obviously don't know the correct "monkey words" to get any results.
Bruce

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't have your phone, but see if you see anything in your settings entitled "status bar".

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
gnr_2,
Thanks for the correct "monkey word". I did not find any menu item dealing with the "status bar" however. Unfortunately, on the S4 the menus have numerous sub-levels some of which very "devious" such as for example, turning on "debugging".
Bruce

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
gnr_2,
Thanks for the correct "monkey word". I did not find any menu item dealing with the "status bar" however. Unfortunately, on the S4 the menus have numerous sub-levels some of which very "devious" such as for example, turning on "debugging".
Bruce
Maybe notification bar? And I still have no idea where to find debugging or changing the phone between MTP or PTP without using the notifications that show up when you connect your phone to your PC.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Here is how to access "debugging" on the S4. Well hidden little sucker.

Step 1. Go to Settings->More->About device then hit ?Build Number? about 5-10 times until you see ?Developer mode has been enabled? message.
Step 2. Next hit the Back button and you should see a new option called ?Developer options?, hit that option.
Step 3. Make sure Developer options is checked ON and also check ?USB debugging? ON.

The above is from this thread - ][Guide] Root Your Galaxy S4 i545/i337 EASY - xda-developers[Guide] Root Your Galaxy S4 i545/i337 EASY - xda-developers
With thanks to the thread author - gameriot

Bruce

MooPenguin32

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
There is no option to display the date in the status bar. The date can be made visible on the lock screen and is displayed in the notification pull down.

Posted via Android Central App

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
There is no option to display the date in the status bar. The date can be made visible on the lock screen and is displayed in the notification pull down.

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks for the reply. I liked that feature on the S3 but it is certainly not a deal breaker by any means. Now at least I don't have to waste time trying to beat the S4 into submission. :p
Bruce

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I liked that feature on the S3 but it is certainly not a deal breaker by any means. Now at least I don't have to waste time trying to beat the S4 into submission. :p
Bruce

I just realized you were looking specifically for date and not the whole bar, even though that's the title of the thread. :rolleyes: Sorry about that. That's not on my Gnex either, but, if you download Power Toggles, you can have it put a little flip calender icon with the # of the day of the month. It's up to you to remember the month though. :)

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I just found that if you press and hold on the "status bar" it will rollover to display the time, date, settings icon, and program list icon. The status bar returns to the usual display when you release the pressure on the screen. So I can have what I want to know whenever I want it though not permanently displayed as on the S3. This is actually a nice feature once you find it

Appalachia

Mar 17, 2017
Visit site
Simply tapping the notification bar will show date and time. You may hold it as long as you wish.
Further control of what YOU allow on your bar is found under: settings / 'sound and notifications'.
The Note 4 remains my favorite phone. The last "note" with a removable battery. Now they're no better than an iPhone.....ugggg. I absolutely love having a couple spare batteries at 100% in my pocket, bag, fanny pack etc...
This was a HUGE marketing mistake by Samsung. They still have a superior phone to iPhone but they did just ruin one of the great (of many) reasons they're better. BTW? My work-phone is an iPhone, so I know them both well. Enjoy the best Note ever. Many say it is still the greatest smartphone ever.

Radobirov

Jun 1, 2017
Visit site
Re: Date (no time) on the top of the screen??

Simply tapping the notification bar will show date and time. You may hold it as long as you wish.
Further control of what YOU allow on your bar is found under: settings / 'sound and notifications'.
The Note 4 remains my favorite phone. The last "note" with a removable battery. Now they're no better than an iPhone.....ugggg. I absolutely love having a couple spare batteries at 100% in my pocket, bag, fanny pack etc...
This was a HUGE marketing mistake by Samsung. They still have a superior phone to iPhone but they did just ruin one of the great (of many) reasons they're better. BTW? My work-phone is an iPhone, so I know them both well. Enjoy the best Note ever. Many say it is still the greatest smartphone ever.

I completely agree and planning to keep my note 4 (bought an s7 for my wife).

Cannot see the time in notification bar when pull it down 👆 only date and the day is visible. Got company note 3 and the time is visible. Searched everywhere and in the settings and in developer's section with no luck so far. Cannot turn it off on the note 3 either. Attached a screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-01-06-31-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-06-01-06-31-34.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 2