Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Insert an HTML Email Signature on the Galaxy S4

The latest Gmail app does not compose HTML email. Reads it only.

However, you can setup a custom signature, including a logo or whatever, for Gmail webmail by following the instructions here:

http://gappstips.com/gmail/use-googl...ail-signature/

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    Plummerdc88 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post
    The latest Gmail app does not compose HTML email. Reads it only.

Thanks for letting me know, hopefully this feature will come in later updates

Check my previous post again, I added some info.

Plummerdc88 likes this.

Thanks i will try this out. I am hoping this will work if i have Gmail (web) handle other email address that are not Gmail. And still have the custom signature send and receive while using Gmail (app)

To insert a logo or other image into the body or signature of an email you must use an email app that can compose HTML email. I don't know what email app you have, but if it cannot compose in HTML you can choose from several that can such as AquaMail, Maildroid, etc.

i've just instaled both apps(aquamail and droidmail pro versions both) and guess what? i can't send an html signature thru any of them.... the same html code that work fine on thunderbird won't work in this apps, but they cand read it just perfect. Please help me, i have an html code, and i want find an email app that can read it as the signature.

You don't need to use code. Read my posts #22_&_#24 in this thread. They explain how to put images in signatures. #31 explains putting embedded clickable hyperlinks in images. #45 & #47 cover remote hosting of images.

Those posts and the links in them explain how to do it all in some detail. If you still have questions post back here.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

This link below is a pretty good explanation of how to setup hosting your images (or other files) using Google Drive. The same thing can be done with Dropbox or most other cloud storage. But just by having a Google account you already have 15GB on GD. You can put your company logo, Twitter and Facebook icons - whatever you need in a folder on GD.

I use hosting images for custom signatures for several phones, tablets and Windows and Linux desktops. The advantage is everything is always in the same place. If I do a reset, reinstall or get a new device no transfer of files is needed. So, for example with AquaMail, I just reload a backup and accounts, signatures, everything is as it was. (Well, almost. I've noticed AquaMail misses saving a couple of minor settings. The only bug I've found so far.) I do the same thing with Thunderbird on desktops. That's one reason why so much email you receive has remote hosted images rather than imbedded. Simplified setup after the initial install. The other main reason is to reduce the size of emails.

This link below is specific to Gmail, but don't let that spook you. It works the same for other email clients. Basically you just paste in the image location in GD to a dialog box in AquaMail instead of selecting an image file.

http://gappstips.com/gmail/use-googl...ail-signature/

Quick question, I can do this on the phone (GALAXY S ™ 5) or I need this all setup on PC and use on the phone? Not sure if I can setup all on the phone or not?

The instructions I gave are all for setup of everything in AquaMail on the phone except for the hosting. That's easier done with a PC, though it can be done from a phone with a browser I suppose. Other than that no PC needed.

speed13 likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #59  

OK thanks. Yes I asking about hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by Plummerdc88 View Post
    Thanks i will try this out. I am hoping this will work if i have Gmail (web) handle other email address that are not Gmail. And still have the custom signature send and receive while using Gmail (app)
    I think it will not work the way you want. It will only add the custom signature to email composed in Gmail webmail.

However, if you use webmail but have Gmail configured to send it using a different outgoing server than Gmail's, say Yahoo.com or mydomain.com, the signature is still added. But not when using the Gmail app.

I think it will not work the way you want. It will only add the custom signature to email composed in Gmail webmail.

However, if you use webmail but have Gmail configured to send it using a different outgoing server than Gmail's, say Yahoo.com or mydomain.com, the signature is still added. But not when using the Gmail app.

Yeah i had a feeling it wouldn't. There may be an option on my email server to make this work. I am using an IMAP server ill check the settings and see if it will force the signature with all emails from desktop to mobile. This is an important thing for me as we actually see a fair bit of social media traffic for our company from our email signatures. Where there is a will there is a way.

No setting on a server will do it. You have to set it up with AquaMail or other capable email client. That's because the signature is generated in the email itself. The server only passes along what is sent to it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123