Sirius XM App Trouble

awb594

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I am new to the Android platform, coming from an iPhone4. I used the Sirius app on the iPhone to listen at work so when I made the jump the fist thing I downloaded was the Sirius app for Android. It hasn't worked since day one. When I launch the app it immediately gives a server error connection. Sirius can't seem to tell me what is going on. Has anyone else had any issues like this?

awb594

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I tried that several times but still same issue. Stayed on the phone with Sirius "IT" department forever for them to say it should be working in an hour or so. I could tell she had no idea. Wasn't sure if it was because the phone is relatively new and the app doesn't support it yet or if it is a setting on my phone causing the issue.

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
My SiriusXM app version is 1.6.2 and my phone is rooted with the original ROM. The app logs on normally and plays my favorite stations without any errors or problems.

Have you tried clearing the app's cache and removing your data?

awb594

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how to do any of that. I have only been using the phone for a month. About to give up on getting the app to work.

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
at home screen hit left most capacitive button (menu key), settings, applications, manage applications, sirius app, do a force stop if highlighted, clear cache and/or clear data. that brings it to a like new install. try again from there

awb594

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I tried all of that and still nothing. As soon as I launch the app it says server error, please try again later.