HELP! My data connection is gone! This is really annoying...

infusehelp

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
First of all, i am new here so....hey everyone.

So basically i was downloading and uninstalling a few apps this morning. Long story short: I downloaded the "Juice Defender" to my phone then uninstalled it. NOW all of the sudden my internet/data connection is GONE. The phone still works fine...volume...music etc. But the little icon in the top right of the screen...that's gone. I can't get on gmail....internet....nothing. It's really annoying. I don't know what i hit when i had that stupid juice defender on my phone(which BTW DRAINED my battery! :-\ ) but now...i have no data connection.

And i went to the Settings >>>> Wireless and network>>>> I checked everything.....and i still get nothing.

Can someone please help me? :-\

AzD

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me once.

Check to make sure "Use packet data" is checked under 'Wireless and network >> Mobile networks'.

infusehelp

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys.....

...but late last night i did a "factory reset" on my phone and just started over completely! Have to re-DL everything and etc! Oh well.....

I should have came here first haha! But it's all good! Thanks for the replies!

I suggest no one ever download juice defender...and if you do....read the directions to the app CAREFULLY! I will never do that again. :-\

Stonecold

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I had the same exact problem when I first got the phone and downloaded juicedefender. I remember playing around wight the settings and in the end, it finally worked. JD was trying to save battery by disconnecting mobile data all the time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

infusehelp

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I had the same exact problem when I first got the phone and downloaded juicedefender. I remember playing around wight the settings and in the end, it finally worked. JD was trying to save battery by disconnecting mobile data all the time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

I can't remember what i did to make it disappear! But, i too tried for HOURS to get it back...with (obviously) no success! JD is clearly very popular and it works, butttt i can't see myself DL'ing that thing again....

Blendedej8

May 26, 2011
Visit site
First of all, i am new here so....hey everyone.

So basically i was downloading and uninstalling a few apps this morning. Long story short: I downloaded the "Juice Defender" to my phone then uninstalled it. NOW all of the sudden my internet/data connection is GONE. The phone still works fine...volume...music etc. But the little icon in the top right of the screen...that's gone. I can't get on gmail....internet....nothing. It's really annoying. I don't know what i hit when i had that stupid juice defender on my phone(which BTW DRAINED my battery! :-\ ) but now...i have no data connection.

And i went to the Settings >>>> Wireless and network>>>> I checked everything.....and i still get nothing.

Can someone please help me? :-\

i had the EXACT same issue few weeks ago. came back from a 2 week underway at sea and didn't work. took it to ATT and they tried everything couldn't figure it out. store manager accused me of it being rooted (which it had never been). i had to do a factory reset and it fixed it.. sucked because i lost some stuff

infusehelp

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
i had the EXACT same issue few weeks ago. came back from a 2 week underway at sea and didn't work. took it to ATT and they tried everything couldn't figure it out. store manager accused me of it being rooted (which it had never been). i had to do a factory reset and it fixed it.. sucked because i lost some stuff

Yep...it sucks....doesn't it? Oh well! Actually the system reset gave me a chance to revamp my phone a bit! I DL'ed some new apps, a new music player, got rid some old apps etc. So...maybe it wasn't so bad after all.

mrscupcake13

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I kinda have the same problem. My Samsung Infuse keeps losing the data connection. Even when its turned on. It'll lose the data & then it'll come back randomly, this happens all throughout the day. It won't allow me to send texts, call or go on the internet. Its so annoying. I dont know whats wrong & i don't know how to fix this /:

karabussell3

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
mine is doing that too :( its been down for a week and ive tried everything.my mom has the same phone plan and her internet works just fine.i downloaded th juice defender app too and i think it messed up my internet.my mobile network state says disconnected.i have the straight talk unlimited phone plan.i reset my phone but the internet is still off.

fajar aswandi

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Hy brother.. u can fix this ! Please download n instal "Quick panel restore" in Galaxy Apps .. mobile data packet is back ! 100% work .. im try n my s6 back to normal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty