Samsung Infuse i997 won't turn on and gets very hot

Theesire

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I was playing some paintball when I felt my phone getting very hot in my pocket, I ignored it because the sport requires constant attention and I didn't make much of it. After the game it would not turn on and would just sit at the Rogers boot screen and heat up (after which I just took the battery out and decided to deal with it later).

I just got home and I tried taking the battery out for a few minutes then turning it on again, nothing, it still sits at the Rogers screen and heats up. I tried booting it into recovery mode but I was left with no response, nothing happens when I try. Lasty I tried plugging it in, normally this little loading circle pops up for a moment and then a battery display pops up to show it's charging, instead it freezes instantly at the loading circle and heats up slowly, if I try to turn it on white small glitches scatter the screen and move around and the screen quickly heats up to a temperature that can practically burn me and very fast too. I've also tried starting it without the SIM card or SD card.

Also before anyone asks it was not hit by a paintball or anything as this begun before I really encountered anyone.

Could this be from moisture? The phone hasn't gotten wet before aside from cleaning it with a hardly damp rag (and then drying it) last week, there is no evidence of water damage.
Finally it is rooted and running CyanogenMod 10 and has been since I got it, it is also unlocked and running a Telus SIM card instead of a Rogers one.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If it's pretty much gone is there any way to access the internal SD card? If I can't fix it a way to recover pictures and the phones note pad would be great as I have (as anyone does) tons of pictures and important things written down in there. If when I leave it plugged in and try to turn it on and the glitches appear on the screen the screen also gets gradually brighter and what looks like smoke comes into the edges of the screen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The first thing that comes to mind is a failing battery. Try a new one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non