visual voice mail?

radiojh

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
hey there. looking to switch over from iphone to infuse. is there visual voice mail? if not, what are people doing, google voice?

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Good question. I switched from an iphone 4 and visual voice messages were nice.

On the Infuse my voice messages now go to AT&T. So hold down the #1 key on the phone app and you can retrieve your messages...the old fashioned way. I had to call AT&T help to get the box to work properly.

You can set up Google voice. I did that but thought retrieving voice messages was kinda messy. I think I might try again but use email to retrieve the message rather than trying via text messages...and see what happens.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Definitely give Google Voice a try. Ive been using it for a long time now and it works great. Google also attempts to transcribe the message that was left as a voicemail for you. So when you go to view it, you can read it and see who its from. Or press play and listen.

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Definitely give Google Voice a try. Ive been using it for a long time now and it works great. Google also attempts to transcribe the message that was left as a voicemail for you. So when you go to view it, you can read it and see who its from. Or press play and listen.

I love Google Voice!

You have admit though, that the mistakes it sometimes makes when it *attempts* to transcribe a message... are nothing short of HILARIOUS! :D

shugaray

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Youmail is great but some devs created a client for it called A Better Youmail. It costs about $3 compared to Youmail which is free but the benefits make the cost worth it. Simple things like allowing you to select all messages instead of having to go down a long list and click each individually sold me on buying it. The user interface is also much nicer and as soon as you click on the message it will download and play unlike Youmail.