Can't activate visual voicemail (Unlocked P8P, carrier is T-Mobile)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Another thing to try but don't have high hopes is to roll back the update to the phone app to do this long press the phone app >tap info>3 dots upper right corner tap uninstall update

Reactions: Laura Knotek

harbinger007

Oct 21, 2021
Visit site
I received a voicemail last night and, for the first time, got a T-Mobile visual voicemail notification. I never had seen this on my P6P and wonder if this is an app that is causing a conflict.

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Still can't activate visual voicemail on my 8 pro with T-Mobile. I've been told by multiple higher level T-Mobile tech people that it's a known issue with the P8. I sent a second feedback message to Google about it.

Reactions: harbinger007

jelp2

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Maybe a sim issue?? Mine has been fine. I have a Pixel 8. I think there was a day in the very beginning when I first got it that VVM didn't load but that was it.

Reactions: harbinger007

livetovacation60

Oct 10, 2018
Visit site
I'm another who has never been able to get Visual on my Pixel 8. Right around the time I got my Pixel 8 I switched from Google Fi to Mint. I had been with a Mint a couple of years ago and don't remember this being an issue. I do have the latest December update and I have tried clearing storage, rebooting etc etc.

livetovacation60

Oct 10, 2018
Visit site
After breaking my head for hours and reading a bunch of forums:

Here's what I did:

Force Stopped the phone App.
Cleared storage
uninstalled phone app updates
Rebooted the phone
Reinstalled the phone app updates
Rebooted the phone.

Visual Voicemail is working on Tmobile now.
Unfortunately that did not work for me......thanks

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I've done all the above multiple times and in multiple order. No bueno. I'm also on the latest security update and play store update. I'm stumped. Down to hoping that a future update fixes it.

VVM with transcription is one of the reasons I dumped my S23 for the P8.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
The only difference I have is that I activated a free Google Fi offer after initial phone setup. Google Fi is supposed to support VVM but that also never worked. I dropped Fi shortly after and deactivated then deleted the eSim and rebooted. Even after, there still is a tab for Google Fi on VVM setup, but nothing happens when I select it. Maybe, when the free trial expires on Google's end, VVM might work. That's my only hope for now.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I've done all the above multiple times and in multiple order. No bueno. I'm also on the latest security update and play store update. I'm stumped. Down to hoping that a future update fixes it.

VVM with transcription is one of the reasons I dumped my S23 for the P8.
Yep that's one of the things I really miss when I'm not using my Pixel is the visual voicemail and transcription 👍 The visual voicemail app on my Samsung kinda sucks... no transcription available, and it doesn't always notify me of voicemails if I get a call when the phones off. I have to remember to go into the vvm app and refresh it when I turn my phone on ☹️

I'm putting up with it now because I like the Bixby call screening... which is very similar to the Pixel's call screening. To get the Google vvm I have to install the Google phone app as default, which doesn't come with call screening, that's a Pixel exclusive.

So I lose call screening to get a better vvm experience lol.

These pesky first world problems 😉

livetovacation60

Oct 10, 2018
Visit site
Switched MVNO from Mint to US Mobile a few weeks ago and mysteriously my VVM issue went away. Supposedly Mint does support it but obviously with some issues.

Reactions: swebb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali