lousy sound via 3.5mm jack

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I've been really dissapointed in my infuse is the sound quality that comes over the 3.5mm jack. Whether listening via headphones (both the included or my own high quality headset) or feeding into my car's (non-bluetooth capable) audio input it sounds horrible.

I can use the exact same mp3 file from my music player (a zune hd) and even without any equalizer or other enhancement it sounds a thousand times better. I'm wondering if bluetooth would result in higher quality... ideally I'd like to have only one thing with me when I go hiking and I'd prefer to receive calls without having to remove headphones etc.

to clarify it sounds hollow, distant. when I hook up my zune it sounds much richer, fuller.

Is there something wrong with my infuse? I noticed there is a setting for "5.1 surround" that it tells me is disabled unless I have headphones on. But even when I do it then tells me it cannot use this unless I disable system sounds or something like that, which seems ridiculous... all my previous phones sounded fine when I connected headphones to them.

This isn't a dealbreaker, I like the phone enough even with this problem... but I want to make sure that this is the phone itself and not a defect on my particular phone...

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I have listened to some mp3 files using a pair of good Shure earbuds. I didn't notice any degradation in sound (compared to the output from my Nano). But then again, I wasn't really analyzing it... I'm going to a side-by-side comparison on this though... as I plan to transition into using my Infuse as my go-to mp3 player, and leave the Nano at home.

Rocket75

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I have an input in my car for an ipod, and on my old Iphone I had a setting for bass that really would make the speakers thump 2x as hard. This phone though, has a setting for "bass enhancement" that should really be called "complete bass reduction" because in my car, that setting takes away all the bass, any other setting sounds better. I did play with the custom EQ to get it to sound better than original though. I can't say I notice that the sound "quality" is any different than my iphone in my car (its a 12 speaker bose setup), but it definitely can't match the bass that my iphone could deliver it.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
What type of headphones are you using? I have The Phillips headphones with the hook piece that goes around your ear. Got them from walmart for 10 bucks. The Quality is great for me. I use my phone to go out for walks and use Endomundo. Sounds great to me. It def. depends on the type of headphones your using. I actually think these ones are a little bit louder then the ones that Sammy provides.

Rocket75

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I may be taking back my statement. Today I have been driving around the car and have a constant humming, low, but it's still there. You can't hear it until the song ends and another one is being que'd, but in my car I can hear it, and when taking off today I could actually hear the engine revving through the speakers, kind of like a electric turbo noise as the engine revved as I was queing the songs, but yeah I definitely never heard that with my iphone. I am trying different players out to try to get the bass enhancement back like my iphone had, so it might be the player, but I also don't think it has the quality. My iphone with sounded awesome in the car, this one, even after messing with the EQ, does not sound as good, and I am using the exact same cable I did for the audio in the car like I had with my iphone.

jklitten

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed this problem. While I'm waiting on my replacement Westone 3s, my primary headphones are Grado SR-80s. Even without an amp, I've noticed no difference in fidelity between my Infuse and any other portable source I have.

Scottyb

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Sounds fine using my beats by dr dre solos. I use in my car also and it sounds just as good as my iphone 4 did.

Sent from my Samsung Infuse using tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa