Audio through external speakers Samsung s7 FE distorts!

Amanda Morel

Feb 23, 2023
Visit site
I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE and I love it except for one major thing (major for my needs). It sounds great through headphones but when I want to run Spotify or any other app through external speakers (I'm a musician and want to run tracks etc at times through my PA System) the audio distorts, crackles and sounds really terrible. I have tried all the different EQ and other settings on the tablet and have used different cables (mono, stereo, professional leads) and even different PAs. My Microsoft Surface Pro sounds great on the same set up. I can't work out why the Galaxy sounds so terrible. I'm really hoping someone can help! 😊

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Galaxy S7 forum (for the phone) to the Galaxy Tab S7 forum (or the tablet).

It has to be a cable connection, and not Bluetooth? How are you connecting the speaker -- via a USB-C to 3.5 mm headphone jack dongle?

Amanda Morel

Feb 23, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Galaxy S7 forum (for the phone) to the Galaxy Tab S7 forum (or the tablet).

It has to be a cable connection, and not Bluetooth? How are you connecting the speaker -- via a USB-C to 3.5 mm headphone jack dongle?

Hi there P.Diddy, thanks for moving my post to the correct place. Yes I'm using a USB-C to 3.5mm headphone jack dongle - the end that goes into the PA is a 1/4 inch trs audio plug. That goes into a channel in the mixing desk (other channels are used for mic, piano etc) and the speakers are attached to the mixing desk - so the tablet doesn't go directly into the speakers themselves. There is no Bluetooth capability on the PA unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What brand is the dongle? Some of these dongles probably suffer from poor quality control (i.e., the no-name or off-brand ones that flood Amazon). It's probably worth trying one from a reputable brand -- ideally an official Samsung one, but Belkin or Anker would also be good brands to try.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
What brand is the dongle? Some of these dongles probably suffer from poor quality control (i.e., the no-name or off-brand ones that flood Amazon). It's probably worth trying one from a reputable brand -- ideally an official Samsung one, but Belkin or Anker would also be good brands to try.
Sorry, I don't have more details, but I remember reading the same thing in one of the Galaxy S or Note phone forums. People did indeed have issues with the dongles, and there was a specific one mentioned that worked well. I think my coworker had the issue on his S20 FE too. Anyway, I would try to search the forums for more info, or just be sure to get one that says it will work with Samsung devices...

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe