*WIFI Fix that worked for me!!

Johnny D

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I love the Infuse but it has many issues. One of them is the slow wake up and connection of the wifi sytem at turn on even though it appears to be scanning. I came accross this app called "FXR wifi fix and rescue". All i can say is that it works. Upon turning my wifi on, it finds it right away and connects right to it. My system is open. If yours is protectef youll have to set it up again as this app wil clear it after running it. Now, when i leave my wifi range and then come back to it, it reconnects in a matter of a few seconds. I hope this helps out those having similar issues.

My other ongoing issue with the Infuse wifi is weak signal strength. I am 6 feet from my Linksys Wireless-G router and yet i only recieve two out of the three bars... Unless i point the top of my Infuse directly at it, then it goes full. This is probably an antenna issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Egidio

chipstien

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I'll be the first to agree about the weak WiFi signal. At my living room couch I used to have 3 of 3 bars on my 3GS but only have 1 of 3 and sometimes 2 of 3 with the infuse. However I will say this.... One bar on the 3GS rendered the iPhone nearly useless to WiFi where-as one on the infuse barely impacts speed from 3 bars. It could just bee the way the Infuse interprets the signal strength ...

myinfuse

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I love the Infuse but it has many issues. One of them is the slow wake up and connection of the wifi sytem at turn on even though it appears to be scanning. I came accross this app called "FXR wifi fix and rescue". All i can say is that it works. Upon turning my wifi on, it finds it right away and connects right to it. My system is open. If yours is protectef youll have to set it up again as this app wil clear it after running it. Now, when i leave my wifi range and then come back to it, it reconnects in a matter of a few seconds. I hope this helps out those having similar issues.

My other ongoing issue with the Infuse wifi is weak signal strength. I am 6 feet from my Linksys Wireless-G router and yet i only recieve two out of the three bars... Unless i point the top of my Infuse directly at it, then it goes full. This is probably an antenna issue.
I have the same problem with my phone. Do you have problems with battery life? I barely use internet and when I do I use the task killer app., but at the end of the day is almost dead. I also have problems with the GPS which is kind of slow to find my location. I had an iphone before and I still like the infuse better, but I hope somebody can help me out to solve these problems.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I can definitely say my wifi situation improved dramatically with this. Prior to this it never detected wifi when I arrived at work or home immediately, it was often scanning, told me various networks were not in range. I'd disable wifi, enable it and then it would find them. It would never notify me there was a network available.

After this, it works like a charm every time, tells me when new ones are available, always connects to them as soon as I'm in range.

sirdomino

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Even if it only has the dot highlighted (which I assume means 1 bar) I am still able to download via speedtest at around 2,749kbps and upload at 4,619kbps which is plenty fast. I am thinking that the Infuse is just really underestimating the signal. For example, if I have 1 cellphone bar I am still able to make crystal clear calls, even though on my old phone 1 bar would = horrible quality.

Any ideas on that?

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
My wifi performance increase did not sustain after the fix.

The main issue is not the speed once on wifi.. it is the initial conneciton. Quite often it simply claims networks that are close by are not in range. If I disable wifi and then re-enable it, it works. I tried ditching juice defender but this did not change. As long as I remember to do the toggle on/off its fine, but I forget sometimes and it uses more data...

Johnny D

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Other Samsung phones are having the same wifi issues. Just search for samsung galaxy s2 wifi problem and you'll see a long list of complaints. Low signal quality, A long time to connect, and reporting no wifi close by when almost on top of it. If I walk away from my router my signal goes down until it cannot connect any more. My iPhone signal goes much further before disconnecting. The only good to the samsung is that the speed remains strong as the signal strength goes down. But once the signals gone its gone.

*At this point I would have to ask that everyone here call Samsung and make a complaint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty