Video Streaming

cpalmaATC

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
So I have made the switch to Android, and I really like it, except for this one point that I haven't been able to figure out/find yet. On my iPhone I used an app called Rivet to stream videos from the external hard drive on my iMac (Rivet app installed there as well). I don't think there is a Rivet app for Android just yet (if there is, I haven't been able to find it). So my question is, how would I go about this?

The AllShare app on my Infuse seems to be the answer, however, I can't get it to stream. I can download the files to the phone and then play them through the app (not a horrible solution, but the ability to save space through streaming is what I'm looking for), but whenever I try to play a file, or add a couple of files to a playlist and play them, it always pops up a message: "Sorry, this video cannot be played." I don't think this is a formatting problem as my videos are either .mp4 or .avi in either xvid or divx formats.

Any help would be much appreciated!! Also, any other app suggestions that will make this work would be amazing!

And here is my home set-up, just in case it might help:
2009 iMac running OSX 10.5.8 with Intel Core 2 Duo processor
2TB Western Digital USB Hard-Drive (Mac OS Extended format)
Samsung Infuse 4g (unrooted)
AT&T Uverse Wireless network run through Apple TimeCapsule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress