AC's Hands-on with the AT&T Thrill 4G

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the all new Thrill 4G forums!

Phil Nickinson and Dieter Bohn, are having a great week at CTIA, and were lucky enough to get some some hands-on time with the upcoming Thrill 4G. I have to say, this is a gorgeous looking phone, and it appears to be blazing fast. Check out the blog story -- which has lots of pics -- and check out the video they took below.

What we know about the specs:

• Coming to AT&T stores in the "coming months."
  • Dual-core, dual-channel 1 GHz processor
  • Android 2.2 platform
  • Glasses-free 3D experience
  • 3D video and 3D stills with the dual 5-megapixel stereoscopic camera.
  • Preloaded with 16 GB of memory (8 GB onboard plus an 8 GB MicroSD card)
  • Records 3D video at 720p resolution and 2D at 1080p quality.
  • Video playback in high definition through the HDMI-out port
  • Stream content wirelessly through DLNA technology.

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Looks pretty sweet but here a couple important questions

Can you change launchers or will you loose the 3d effect? I despise those icons....
Can you root?

matboud

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Looks pretty sweet but here a couple important questions

Can you change launchers or will you loose the 3d effect? I despise those icons....
Can you root?

Bigger question: Can you root and is the bootloader unlockable? If not, as cool as it looks, I will stick with my unlocked Atrix until there is one that is. ;)

maerlim

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Bigger question: Can you root and is the bootloader unlockable? If not, as cool as it looks, I will stick with my unlocked Atrix until there is one that is. ;)

LG doesn't lock their bootloaders. The Optimus 3d already has root, and I would expect the Thrill to have the same root process.

firstmate963

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I just rooted my Thrill. I am new to Android can someone explain to me what i should do next to get the most of my phone. I used Super one click. How do i update from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3 do i have to unroot first? sorry so many questions. Thanks in advance. And can someone explain the bootloader for me? i am basicaly starting from scratch. Please Help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana