How can they go from HSPA+ to 4G lte

Jordan jones

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I was wondering how confusing is this going to be for consumers when AT&T goes from calling HSPA+ 4g to actually getting LTE and then calling that 4g. I have already met people who believe that the Atrix 4g(I hate adding that 4g) is really a LTE device and they just can't wait for the LTE networks to be activate. I am just wondering how do people think this will blow over in the end.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I was wondering how confusing is this going to be for consumers when AT&T goes from calling HSPA+ 4g to actually getting LTE and then calling that 4g. I have already met people who believe that the Atrix 4g(I hate adding that 4g) is really a LTE device and they just can't wait for the LTE networks to be activate. I am just wondering how do people think this will blow over in the end.

Because they're advertising it as 4G LTE, as a service completely different than 4G. Verizon's already laid a ton of groundwork for AT&T as far as marketing goes, because they've come to recognize 4G LTE as being superior.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Internally AT&T revers to HSPA+ as First Wave 4G and LTE as Second Wave 4G*, my guess is they will publicize something similar.

* This is the terminology my AT&T Rep used in training.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biggles