Can someone comment on call quality / data speed around bay area?

boxta

May 27, 2010
Visit site
hi guys... i was a long time customer of ATT and got iphone on day 1 when it came out 5 years ago. Since then, ATT went to crap, and tons of drop call. So 2 years ago, I switched to Sprint on the EVO 4g, which was great at the time. No more drop call, and wimax is speedy.

However, right now. Sprint 3G has deteriorated a lot, and 4G coverage is still spotty. LTE is coming out, but I don't want to wait any longer.

So I am thinking about switching back to ATT or Verizon (Was leaning towards verizon until today's new pricing plan announcement)

So the question is... is ATT still dropping call like crazy? I remembered 2 years ago, every call i get on iphone 3Gs is dropped somewhere in the city of San francisco.

Also, how's the 4G LTE speed? I assume the speed is great in the city of San francisco, but how about the rest of the bay? like san mateo, oakland, walnut creek?

thanks for any comments

yoshi351

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I have att right now. Just left Verizon 2 weeks ago was paying close to 200$ a month which is ridiculous. I haven't had any drop calls. Lte is fast and no data loss yet, Verizon had a data loss almost every single month which is unacceptable to me.

Sent from my HTC One X soon to be galaxy s3 on att's awesome network :D

efn77mx

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Can someone comment on call quality / data speed around bay a

I can't comment on their LTE speeds (as I don't have an LTE device), but the H+ speeds seem pretty fast. I've been back with AT&T since last September. Call quality is very good (no issues anyways), I WILL drop a call once in a great while (ALL carriers will experience dropped calls), but it doesn't happen enough that I'd even be slightly annoyed by it. I remember a time some years back when I was literally dropping every other call...but those days are long gone. I'm in the North Bay btw...