Milwaukee, WI LTE!

natrixgli

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Just noticed it yesterday. LTE trounces my service at home. (Time Warner) I'm about 2 miles East of the airport, works at work in the 5th Ward as well. It seems to penetrate the building better, I even get service in the elevator now, which is ace for small talk avoidance!

Rg1ff.png

Attachments

• uq2gC.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 17

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
They haven't made it west of Waukesha yet...I work in Oconomowoc and still on HSPA but once I get east of Delafield it comes back. But it ridiculous fast!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I had it all the way up to and including Richfield. I was at Cabelas. Oconomowoc should get it when Madison gets it in my opinion.

Sent from my phablet.

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I had it all the way up to and including Richfield. I was at Cabelas. Oconomowoc should get it when Madison gets it in my opinion.

Sent from my phablet.

They covered a pretty large area...No wonder it took so long but well worth the wait.

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
But how is ATT service in general once you are out in the middle of nowhere, less populated areas? Has anyone been to the UP and used ATT?

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
3g is ok, HSPA is decent. Edge sucks far up north but phone service and text works decent. LTE is blazing fast in Milwaukee

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Was at the AT&T store in New Berlin last week. CSR said to expect LTE to drop out between HSPA+ and LTE in the next few weeks. There are 30 MORE towers that will going live and existing towers will be getting maintenanced for faster speeds!

Sent from my phablet.

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Was at the AT&T store in New Berlin last week. CSR said to expect LTE to drop out between HSPA+ and LTE in the next few weeks. There are 30 MORE towers that will going live and existing towers will be getting maintenanced for faster speeds!

Sent from my phablet.

I heard the same thing...they expected a bunch more towers to go up but they were having so many issues putting up the current LTE network that they put it on the side till the network was up and running. I don't think Milwaukee will be affected as much as Waukesha county though but who knows...did they say what areas?

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if they are trying out LTE advanced...I read at&t is launching that this next year

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. Read in the journal that Waukesha and St Louis are the two testing sites for smaller cell technology launching over the next few years for better overall LTE coverage as well as HSPA

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch