DirecTV and unlimited

anon(9898026)

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Thinking about getting DirecTV and unlimited for the cell so curious how its working out for those who have it. Any major billing issues etc? I have att wireless now and am happy and looks like getting DirecTV could save a little money while getting unlimited in the process.

Posted via the Android Central App

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Thinking about getting DirecTV and unlimited for the cell so curious how its working out for those who have it. Any major billing issues etc? I have att wireless now and am happy and looks like getting DirecTV could save a little money while getting unlimited in the process.

It's a good deal. I got my grandmother switched recently. She went from the 10GB plan to it, actually saving money. You can also have up to 10 lines at $40/month each, and people rent them on eBay for about $100/month. So easy money making there

anon(9898026)

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Finally switched to it (unlimited)and love it so far. The unlimited is nice to have and am spending less than I was so it was a good decision. They haven't installed DirecTV yet but have an appointment for Friday

Last edited:

Zello_Police

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm spending some time at the inlaws over the summer Vaca and they happen to have directv.
I tell ya, I keep wondering if the channels we watch are HD or not. Having fios at home directv's HD leaves a lot to be desired.
Also, no on demand. I guess that's an add on feature. The wifi Hotspot is a hit or miss. I was getting under a megabit tonight and kept losing connection. My 2.5 year old girl was even complaining she couldn't get wifi signal on her device.
Oh forgot to mention, during the few rain showers.... yup. lost tv signal.

Yes you might save a few bucks. but remember, you get what you pay for.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm spending some time at the inlaws over the summer Vaca and they happen to have directv.
I tell ya, I keep wondering if the channels we watch are HD or not. Having fios at home directv's HD leaves a lot to be desired.
Also, no on demand. I guess that's an add on feature. The wifi Hotspot is a hit or miss. I was getting under a megabit tonight and kept losing connection. My 2.5 year old girl was even complaining she couldn't get wifi signal on her device.

Odd. I just got them a bit ago since the Gigabit Internet is available at my house as well. It poured like crazy and my dish was fine.

mike568

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site

With Directv you pay for HD acess and for on demand you have to have internet connection. ATT Uverse internet and dsl are very slow compared to cable and fios. When we had Directv years ago in the 2000's we trouble if it poured down where you had no visablity. Maybe the dish is out of alignment.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
With Directv you pay for HD acess and for on demand you have to have internet connection. ATT Uverse internet and dsl are very slow compared to cable and fios. When we had Directv years ago in the 2000's we trouble if it poured down where you had no visablity. Maybe the dish is out of alignment.
Just depends what kind of Uverse Internet is near you. In my area AT&T just lit up their fiber (like fios). I get the speeds below :).

dfe8f6b9796276302ae4db404c9a61b3.jpg

BearlyFloats

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site

This isn't true. Why? Because DTV has OnDemand, and more HD channels than any other provider. And 4K. And award winning mobile apps.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This isn't true. Why? Because DTV has OnDemand, and more HD channels than any other provider. And 4K. And award winning mobile apps.

DTV has it as long as you have home internet / wifi to use it. My box has to use my wifi (which isn't an issue) to use On Demand.

mttmks

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Satellite signal is super compressed in order to beam it out to space and back. That's usually why it looks a bit choppy.

Either that or your relatives are forcing SD channels.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Satellite signal is super compressed in order to beam it out to space and back. That's usually why it looks a bit choppy.

Either that or your relatives are forcing SD channels.
It's looks smooth and HD when I'm watching HD channels. Not sure about the choppy you speak of?

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, my parents have DirecTV and the picture looks great to me. Granted I mostly stream SD quality TV shows at home because I only have Internet, so anything HD looks good to me. Lol

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
We've had Directv since 2002. Yes, if it rains really really heavy we do loose satellite signal. Oh well, we just look for another time the show or movie is on and set it to record. Yes, you have to pay extra for hd channels. You also need to have an hd TV to take advantage of it. A regular TV only has 480 pixels, a hd TV has 1080 pixels per line. Love Directv wouldn't switch to anything else. Oh and since we had to move out of state due to my husbands job relocating us, we also get NFL Sunday Ticket. "Go Packers"

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
We've had Directv since 2002. Yes, if it rains really really heavy we do loose satellite signal. Oh well, we just look for another time the show or movie is on and set it to record. Yes, you have to pay extra for hd channels. You also need to have an hd TV to take advantage of it. A regular TV only has 480 pixels, a hd TV has 1080 pixels per line. Love Directv wouldn't switch to anything else. Oh and since we had to move out of state due to my husbands job relocating us, we also get NFL Sunday Ticket. "Go Packers"

I was shocked. We got side-scraped by a hurricane recently and it kept signal the whole time.

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I was shocked. We got side-scraped by a hurricane recently and it kept signal the whole time.

That is awesome! Here in North Alabama, when we get some pretty bad storms it will be pretty choppy on the TV. So to me that is losing the signal. Hasn't happened for awhile though.

mike568

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site

Maybe it depends on how locked in the signal is a nice clear sunny day. For the people with troubles maybe test the signal transponders on a nice clear day while on the phone Directv support and see where the numbers are suppose to be.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it depends on how locked in the signal is a nice clear sunny day. For the people with troubles maybe test the signal transponders on a nice clear day while on the phone Directv support and see where the numbers are suppose to be.
Good idea!

mike56801

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Justing letting everyone that Uverse and Directv customers with ATT postpaid accounts that the Directv and Uverse TV apps for Android and iOS have been updated to give streaming without using your data or us unlimited data users count toward the 22GB potentional throttle. I don't have Directv and it works for me with just having Directv login info. I have Charter TV and they limit what channels you can watch outside on your home. Here is the link for Directv https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4740

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non