Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lost/Stolen Apps for Tablets

Hi everyone!
    My work just purchased multiple Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tabs. These tabs are going to be checked out to students here. What I am looking for is an app that we could download to each tab so that if someone decides to have "sticky-fingers", we can locate it. I personally have and app on my HTC Incredible 2 called Where's My Droid, this is what I am looking for except for the tabs. Any help is welcomed!

Default Re: Lost/Stolen Apps for Tablets

Are they going to be plugged in to the wall? Or just passed out? If they are plugged in you could check out an app called Ripcored Alarm. An alarm goes off if the tablet gets unplugged. If they are passed out you should find some app that can sound an alarm when it gets outside a certain GPS location.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Consider looking at a program called SeekDroid... Might be closer to what you want.

-GNRPowdeR

*1 for SeekDroid and you might also check out LookOut security.

Also, be sure to be careful how are you use the locator apps. Document everything and make sure the administration draws up a rock solid user agreement. I am sure everyone has heard about that school that got caught taking pictures with the laptops?

from da xoom

Well, you can try using the Plan B app, I actually just seen it today ironically enough... I haven't tried using it, but should be what your looking for... I would think that you DONT install it before hand, instead wait for the tablet to go missing, then install... But maybe not... I dunno

https://market.android.com/details?i...bs.planb&hl=en

a must have!

Just installed Where's My Droid on my Nexus 7. Free version was able to locate it at the correct address as well as ring the alarm so i could locate it. Most of the cooler stuff requires the pay version but it did what i need it to do. Hope that helps.