“Complete action using... ” and Car Mode hell.

Allan Lazarov

Jun 30, 2020
Visit site
Halo please help I am despaired. I used to use my phone N710F note4 in my car connected through BT as hands free and radio, and it worked just fine. I used Tunein as a world radio and sometimes I used “Radio garden”. Unfortunately, that program offered me “a car mode” and I decided to try it. That was a big, big mistake. Since then every time my phone connects to my car the “car mode” interrupts the connection after witch the BT again tries to reconnect and that ends up in a never ending cycle of 2 seconds car radio playing and 2seconds of reproduction through the phone. With a bit of imagination you can imagine the grave safety hazard this creates when one I driving. I went through all the menus . . . yes the assist aps too. I even reset my phone to factory default. The difference now is that instead of switching on the car mode the phone interrupts the BT with the menu “complete action using…” and offers car mode, s voice and google search. Needless to say, all three options end up in the same spiral. I have no idea what “action” the system is trying to “complete”. The BT connects, everything is fine for 2 sec end then android decides to intervene with is pointless question breaking the connection up. The funny and terrible thing is that my phone’s BT connects to all other devices, even other car BT’s with no problems. Just like it used to connect to my car for more than 2 years. Unfortunately, I had the stupid idea to confirm to it (my phone) that this is my car’s BT. From then on, it’s like my car’s BT has been blacklisted. Even after reset to factory default. I have been searching the net for more than 3 months with no success. Please help if you can.
PS My phone is a Samsung Note 4 and a Yatour Bluetooth module. Witch works fine with other phones by the way.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I looked up your BT device since I'd never heard of it. I found that, for the model I searched, it holds the pairing for the device. Meaning it remembers. Since your phone works with other devices and the car BT device works with other phones the issue seems to obviously be between these two devices. Since you've already factory reset your phone perhaps you should factory reset your BT device. There is also a way to force it to forget a previously paired device, at least for the model I searched. Since you've already created a fresh start for your phone I would say do a fresh start for your car BT device and see if a complete fresh start for everything brings back your use.

Oh sorry not to be rude, but welcome to Android Central.

Allan Lazarov

Jun 30, 2020
Visit site
Sorry for the late answer. It’s a pleasure to be here. Your advice for which I thank you is very interesting, but as hard as I try, I can’t find a way to factory reset the BT. The BT I was referring to is a YATOUR YT-BTM Bluetooth Extension. I haven’t found any service manuals to it and have no idea what the pinout of the connector is and whether it is a direct connection of power supply, audio and control button or some kind of USB. If you have any Idea where to find a service manual please send me a link.
My own path of thinking, considering I ran in to another problem when logging in to facebook app – “Cannot Connect To Server Check Date Time Settings Try Again” is that there is some kind of problem with the version or to be precise the last upgrade of the 6.01 OS. I did a factory reset about 2 years ago and there were no such problems. You see the phone upgraded Its software (OS) several times since I have it, but when I do Factory reset It does not upgrade anymore and says it is up to date. This leads me to think that FC is not really factory reset, but a reinstall of the latest OS. The “funny” thing is that after upgrading the app - car mode it throws out message that it is no longer supported and turns its self-off taking down BT receiver too. As for the facebook problem I tried everything I found on the net with no success even thou the messenger app from FB works. So, I am now considering flashing the mobile with it’s original 6.01 version from 2016 to see if the problems will go on. I found a site: “https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-note-4/firmware/#SM-N910F” that has or says they have the original md5 file. Do you have any experience with them?
Regards
Allan

Last edited:

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Most devices only receive updates for about 2 years. This has been the standard for as long as I have owned smartphones. So it's not surprising that you are not receiving any more updates. You may have shot yourself in the foot by doing a factory reset on an older version of Android, because that uninstalls all of the apps and then tries to restore the app from the current Play Store version. If the app you had for Android 6 was deleted and the newer version doesn't support that OS version you'll get compatibility errors. That could very well be what is happening with FB also. The newer versions of the app just don't support the older OS or at least it doesn't work as well.

I was able to find what I believe is the manual for that device here... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...3afJQO1fs5dyORyVkwc6X6&cshid=1595467245705717

I looked through it and didn't find the reset option I found for what must have been another model. Perhaps the manual will offer other help or advice anyway.

I think that is the regular Samsung site and no I'm not familiar, sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174