Question Need Help Ending Calls on Samsung - Proximity Sensor Frustration!

karim174

Apr 27, 2024
Visit site
Yo guys! I've got a problem that's driving me nuts. It's so damn hard to end a call, especially when I'm using an app and not on the call screen anymore. Usually, I'd just press the big red call end button, but that's not an option here. The only way to hang up is by pressing the little green call button on the top left corner. But guess what? Samsung put the proximity sensor right there, so every time I try to end the call, my finger blocks the sensor and i can't get the call screen back! It's maddening!

Is there any way around this without having to turn off the proximity sensor?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's odd -- when you're not on the main call screen, the proximity sensor shouldn't be active (at least, that's the case on my Pixel 7 Pro). And if you actually did trigger the proximity sensor to turn off the screen, the screen should come on again as soon as you took your finger away -- but you're saying that the screen goes off and stays off, even if you press the Power button?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Try clearing the phone apps data and force stop it.
Another thing as alternative is when u open the phone app then tap upper right corner the 3 dots choose how to answer and end calls with the volume button
907ca2a66f940844d477199a7d927588.jpg