10 features of the Note 4 you MAY not know about.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'll watch it at home later... but why would you need 20 minutes to explain 10 features Oo haha
Is the 'tornasol' shadow thingy mentioned there?

Fa11ou7

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Note 4 Top (Hidden?) features

I just ran across this video on youtube showing the authors top 10 hidden features and thought this would be a good time to start a thread where you expert Notephiles posted your top tips and tricks that others might not know about. I personally love android but often find it hard to find some of the hidden gems that are buried a few layers down in the OS. I have a feeling that the Note might have even more features because it is such a powerhouse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_g9gAZd6zw&feature=em-subs_digest-vrecs

I'll start with a fun one from the above video.
If your not one to use the power saving mode very often you can tweak it so that it turn your phone greyscale only. Pull down the quick launch> long press power saving mode for its settings> and turn off all the power saving features minus the grayscale option. This will still save battery but not hamstring your phone at all!

edit: typos

Fa11ou7

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 4 Top (Hidden?) features

I was hoping to elicit more ideas from members it wasn't supposed to solely be about the video. Regardless I apologize for reposting the video.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Hey, no biggie! I don't mind the double posts, in my mind they keep topics fresh hehe. But you might find a few more useful comments in that thread since there have been more replies :)

JRUNCK

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

Anyone know how to add more dictionaries to "Available Dictionaries" as shown in the video? He has a bunch to choose from but I only see English available so I can't translate any words from English.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-13-15-17-01.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-15-17-01.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 316

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Merged threads, cleaned up off topic remarks.

Duplicate threads happen all the time and is a bit annoying for those who read the forum alot, but at the same time we want to encourage people to post and be a part of the community. I don't want people to be discouraged from posting because they are afraid of others yelling "repost" or "search before you post.

For future reference, if you see a duplicate thread, simply use the "report post to Moderator" button and include both thread links.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

I just ran across this video on youtube showing the authors top 10 hidden features and thought this would be a good time to start a thread where you expert Notephiles posted your top tips and tricks that others might not know about. I personally love android but often find it hard to find some of the hidden gems that are buried a few layers down in the OS. I have a feeling that the Note might have even more features because it is such a powerhouse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_g9gAZd6zw&feature=em-subs_digest-vrecs

I'll start with a fun one from the above video.
If your not one to use the power saving mode very often you can tweak it so that it turn your phone greyscale only. Pull down the quick launch> long press power saving mode for its settings> and turn off all the power saving features minus the grayscale option. This will still save battery but not hamstring your phone at all!

edit: typos
Hi, I tried this, but for me it seemed like in this mode, it drained my battery quicker by almost 2 hours less, versus extending my battery use. I feel it had something to do with the whiteness of the screen and that caused more of a drain overall.

Sent from The One and Only, Amazing---> Note 4<---

tbolt86

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Anyone know how to add more dictionaries to "Available Dictionaries" as shown in the video? He has a bunch to choose from but I only see English available so I can't translate any words from English.

Same here anyone know why?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

JRUNCK

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I asked the guy that made the video and he replied in his next YouTube video answering the question about dictionaries.

It doesn't work on all US versions and he has the international Note 4. He didn't realize it was limited to only international Note 4's until people started asking him questions after making the video.

He believes this might be available in future updates but who knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fakharzaman003