10 Percent battery fix anyone?

bjones521

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Like everyone else my battery jumps from one hundred percent till 90percent very quickly. any suggestions on how to fix this???

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Either buy an external battery charger or just pull the phone off the charger as soon as it hits 100%. I use an external battery charger and I've gone over an hour before it'll even drop to 99%

charles77k

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I love my EVO and Android... but this is a really silly problem to have. Hope they fix it soon, if it can even be fixed through software.

Buckeyes

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Buy the 3500 extended battery from Seidio. Adds some bulk, but you don't have to worry about the battery for at least a day and a half. Well worth it.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
ignore it and stop using battery widgets and obsessing over every misrepresented percentage of battery life.

just enjoy your device.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
ignore it and stop using battery widgets and obsessing over every misrepresented percentage of battery life.

just enjoy your device.

Agreed. I took off juice plotter, batt statt, and battery widget. Im not going to develop OCD checking my battery every few seconds of the day. To hell with that!

EeZeEpEe

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
same problem but i cant just unplug once it hits 100. i put it on the charger before i go to sleep and then pull it off in the morning.
Isn't that the trickle charge affect? Once the battery is full the charger actually stops charging. So in the morning some battery was already used. I try not to charge my phone over night but if I do when I wake up I unplug, shower, then plug it back in to top off to 100%. By the time I'm done with breakfast it's ready to go. I also removed the battery widget and try not worry about it too much. If anything I really want to check battery percentage with Spare Parts.

Last edited:

boggs3010#AC

Banned
May 17, 2010
Visit site
2 things I do to help. When I wake up I usually check my email, I do so after I unplug the phone. Then plug it back in and let it charge. I then turn off the 4g until needed.

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it would be nice if they'd fix it.

just enjoy your device.

I agree with this. I need to stop doing it. I'm not insanely OCD about it. However when I first started using it I wanted to monitor everything to get a sense of battery life during basic usage patterns. I don't stress it much anymore now that I know I can EASILY make it through the day.

However I do find it useful to keep System Panel installed so I can check historical battery usage if I think something is hammering my battery all the sudden.

2 things I do to help. When I wake up I usually check my email, I do so after I unplug the phone. Then plug it back in and let it charge. I then turn off the 4g until needed.

I do this as well. I wake up in the morning, unplug my phone, browse the web, check email, play a game for a few minutes. I then plug it back up, get ready for work and usually it's at 100% by the time I unplug it and head out the door.

rdandy5875

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
This morning I dropped 8% in 8 minutes according to juiceplotter. Then in the next 40 minutes I dropped only 2% more, to 90%. Now I'll charge it to 100% and take it off right away and compare the drop.

This could possibly just be an initial mis-representation from the os like Gekko said though. I'm still pretty happy with my battery life, I did the 2.2 update last night and it went well, and haven't seen a change in battery life yet....

marclile

May 26, 2010
Visit site

just enjoy your device.

yeah, i'd have to agree with this too. i was obsessing over the battery life for quite a while after getting this phone and it was really bothering me. i finally removed every app that would show me the actual percentage. now all i use is the battery bar at the top of my screen.

i'm sure the battery is draining at the same speed that it always has but when you are just seeing the bar at the top, it doesn't "appear" to drain as quickly. in short, i am much happier with my EVO now :)

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

THIS! If I just unplug and go it's down to 90% within minutes but unplugging, let it sit for a few minutes then plugging it back in will charge it back up. It can take up to 15-20 min to full charge but I can go 2-3hrs before hitting 90%.

CrashPush

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the HTC 1300 mAh battery that comes with the Droid Incredible and to my suprise it does not jump down to 10% during the first hour of use. It almost went two hours before going down at all. I'm finding that the 1300 mAh works better with my EVO than the stock 1500 mAh that came with it. If any of you guys have a 1300 mAh cell try it.

So could this be a problem with the stock HTC 1500 mAh rather than software/OS related?

Now if I can only get the screenshots working so I can post my readings.

hatfield

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I also plug my phone in before going to bed and unplugit in the morning. I bought a wall timer and plugg the charger into that. I set it to cut the power off about 4 hours before I get up, back on at 3 hours before, off again at two and back on at 1 hour before I get up. Works quite well.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzle