2.3.2....have you got it yet?

dadds27

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
i got mine last night and havent had any problems. i still havent had any of the past problems either. i just wish the spacebar was easier to hit otherwise im good

GeneralTula

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I received the update this morning and I must say that I've noticed the phone seems to run the same. No big differences (which is a great thing). I would like to make a comment about the dual core and SD post's. I don't understand why this is and issue. Has anyone here ever filled up a phone entirely with 16gb of music, movies, emails, texts, etc and actually needed to save it all for all time? I mean, usually, after I get to about 8gb's I end up erasing some of the music and movies and switching it with other stuff I want to listen to. And I never let my email, website cache's or text messages build up to take up that much memory. I believe 16gb's for my PORTABLE PHONE is perfect. Anything more is just overkill. I'm a product of the computer age and I've had a smart phone since the Palm 650 and I've never needed the full amount of memory. Even my 12 megapixel Olympus waterproof camera only has an 8gb Micro SD card in it and I've only filled it up once and it took the entire year and 19 days to do it. Seriously, use your laptop and treat your phone as an MP3 player that makes phone calls. Its not a storage unit with 1 terabyte of storage. Its just a luxury to keep you amused. JESUS CRISTO

netninja

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
This is weird but updating manually from the file posted in this thread to 2.3.2 didn't break my root as I thought it would?

I double checked in About Phone and it indeed displays 2.3.2 and GRH78C

Is this correct or should I be worried?

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I would like to make a comment about the dual core and SD post's. I don't understand why this is and issue. Has anyone here ever filled up a phone entirely with 16gb of music, movies, emails, texts, etc and actually needed to save it all for all time? I mean, usually, after I get to about 8gb's I end up erasing some of the music and movies and switching it with other stuff I want to listen to. And I never let my email, website cache's or text messages build up to take up that much memory. I believe 16gb's for my PORTABLE PHONE is perfect. Anything more is just overkill. I'm a product of the computer age and I've had a smart phone since the Palm 650 and I've never needed the full amount of memory. Even my 12 megapixel Olympus waterproof camera only has an 8gb Micro SD card in it and I've only filled it up once and it took the entire year and 19 days to do it. Seriously, use your laptop and treat your phone as an MP3 player that makes phone calls. Its not a storage unit with 1 terabyte of storage. Its just a luxury to keep you amused. JESUS CRISTO

Whether 16 gigs is enough storage is 100% relative to who the user is and what preferences he or she has for their phone.

anon(76661)

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
To install the latest Nexus S build GRH78C, follow these steps:

Download the update file from Google’s server: GRH78C-from-GRH78.zip
Copy the file to your phone’s internal storage (/sdcard). The Nexus S can flash any file so there is no need to rename it update.zip
Power off your phone.
Hold down the VOLUME UP button and power it back on.
Use the volume keys to navigate to recovery and press POWER to select it.
When you see the “/!\” symbol, hold the POWER button and then press the VOLUME UP buton.
You should be presented with the Android system recovery menu. Select the option “apply update from /sdcard”
Find the update file (GRH78C-from-GRH78) on your sdcard and then press the POWER button to flash it.
Wait for the update to complete and then select “reboot system now”