30 Day Full Refund with T Mobile

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Just found out that T Mobile has a 30 day full refund for their phones. Whereas, most other carriers have a 14 day full refund window.. Just found that out today when talking to the rep on the phone. They see a mention of the 32gb GS4, but no release date. Okay, I can pick up a 16 on the weekend, and if I got a 30 day window, I am quite sure I will be able to return it and get the 32gb in the space of 30days..

I like T Mobile plan better than the others, that is why I going with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

lalec

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: 30 Day Full Refund with T Mobile

Unless they changed it in the past two weeks they only have a 14 day full refund window and they charge a restock fee unless you have a legitimate problem with the phone.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

I was told by a rep on the phone about the 30 days. But, when I searched their website, it said 20 days, and I think there is a $50 restocking fee on smartphones..

Well tomorrow or Saturday I will be ordering, I will asked that question again.

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site

Okay ill clear this up as i returned two galaxy s4 for htc ones, there is restocking fee of $55.00 and if bought in store its 14 days and if bought on line or over the phone its 30 because of shipping etc

lalec

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

Okay ill clear this up as i returned two galaxy s4 for htc ones, there is restocking fee of $55.00 and if bought in store its 14 days and if bought on line or over the phone its 30 because of shipping etc

That is correct. I returned one about 3 weeks ago and the only reason they waived the restock fee was because I had a legitimate problem.

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

My dad recently test drove their network (he's currently with Verizon) for 29 days, upon returning, we got a full refund, no restocking fee. They didn't even charge for a month service that he used.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

If you goto a limited retailer they will work with you. The corporate stores gotta follow policy.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered a black GS4 16gb. I have been waiting for over 40 days for the 32gb to surface. ATT and Verizon have the 32gb S4. Anyway doing the ordered, I was told specifically that I a full 30 days for an exchange, and 20 days for a refund. One of the reps said they saw something in the system (T Mobile) that referred to the 32gb version.. If it the 32 shows up within 30 days, I will exchange. If TMobile gives out a release date, that is within the 30 days great. If they give a release date outside of the 30 days I will return for refund.

I am really like the Tmobiles plan of unlimited data on the phone. Also, since I am paying for the phone outright, they told me I could get it unlocked. Maybe a week or two after I get it.. Will see.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

I did mine over the phone, so the 30 days must apply.

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered a black GS4 16gb. I have been waiting for over 40 days for the 32gb to surface. ATT and Verizon have the 32gb S4. Anyway doing the ordered, I was told specifically that I a full 30 days for an exchange, and 20 days for a refund. One of the reps said they saw something in the system (T Mobile) that referred to the 32gb version.. If it the 32 shows up within 30 days, I will exchange. If TMobile gives out a release date, that is within the 30 days great. If they give a release date outside of the 30 days I will return for refund.

I am really like the Tmobiles plan of unlimited data on the phone. Also, since I am paying for the phone outright, they told me I could get it unlocked. Maybe a week or two after I get it.. Will see.

My luck with tmobile is a diff story everytime i call ive had three diff reps tell me three diff things in one day,but there policy is store 14days phone or online 30 days as far as getting unlocked i bought my htc one full price when i called to get it unlocked they told me i had to have service for 90 days wich should not be right but o well im half way there

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

My luck with tmobile is a diff story everytime i call ive had three diff reps tell me three diff things in one day,but there policy is store 14days phone or online 30 days as far as getting unlocked i bought my htc one full price when i called to get it unlocked they told me i had to have service for 90 days wich should not be right but o well im half way there

I figured there would be a waiting period. No problem. Just as long as they unlock it within a couple months.. I think that will give my phone more value when time come to sell it..Oh, if for some reason I want to go with another carrier..

Chris778811

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

Returned my s3 for the s4 when it came out. I had 20 days to return the s3 and I did it on the 20th day and it had to be postmarked on or before the 20th day and I was not charged a restocking fee. Maybe if you buy in the store they try and charge you that but not online

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Just tell them you're traveling out of country, and you want to unlock to be able use it. They usually do it right away

Sent from my HTC via Tapatalk!

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Just tell them you're traveling out of country, and you want to unlock to be able use it. They usually do it right away

Sent from my HTC via Tapatalk!

Thanks for that bit, as the 3 months will not be a problem. For me it seems like TMobile has the best plan, so I know I am going to be with them for a while. If I hear a release date for the 32gb and it is outside of my 20 or so-called 30 day window, I will return for a full refund and wait to repurchase. If in the window, I will just exchange..

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Let me give another update on this.. :) Since I really wanted the 32gb version, and have been trying to wait it out. I really wanted to pin down the amount of days in the return policy so when Tmobile does come out with the 32gb version, I will be able to either exchange or return and re-purchase the 32gb which ever the case may be. Since ATT and Verizon are now offering its customers the 32gb, and TMobile is supposed to be a major player too, IMO, is really not going down well with customers.

This time I was ASSURED that it is a 20 day return window since I ordered my phone over the phone. It was shipped on the 12th, I recieved it on the 16th, it was already activated, and I had my old number carried over. The 20 days will be up on the 5th of August. I am not taking any chances, if nothing is heard from Tmobile by that time on the release of the 32gb, and heaven forbid the 64gb version I am returning this phone on August the 3rd. I might just have to bite the HARD BULLET and go with ATT. Since I purchased the phone outright with Tmobile, I will do the same with ATT. If possible to get it unlocked, then I might come back to Tmobile for their plan

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I can almost guarantee that they would already have the, 32gb if they were gonna

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk 2

You could be right. I returned my S4 the other day. I was 2 days before my 20 day return window would have closed. Still, no word on the 32 gb from Tmobile. Rumors are out that since ATT and Verizon are way bigger than Tmobile, they got the 32gb version first, and other carriers will follow about 3 months behind. No matter, I returned mine, and in 2 weeks if Tmobile doesn't announce or have the 32gb, I will have to go with ATT.. You can even buy the 32gb across the counter at ATT stores..

The whole mess up was Samsung advertising THREE configurations, and only showing the public one configuration. That Sucks!! :(

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You could be right. I returned my S4 the other day. I was 2 days before my 20 day return window would have closed. Still, no word on the 32 gb from Tmobile. Rumors are out that since ATT and Verizon are way bigger than Tmobile, they got the 32gb version first, and other carriers will follow about 3 months behind. No matter, I returned mine, and in 2 weeks if Tmobile doesn't announce or have the 32gb, I will have to go with ATT.. You can even buy the 32gb across the counter at ATT stores..

The whole mess up was Samsung advertising THREE configurations, and only showing the public one configuration. That Sucks!! :(

Yeah not sure why they cherry pick carriers... Hurts the consumer.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord