4.4.2 is rolling out on the Nexus 5, who has it?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
all right!! Finally! I "have" the update, well it is waiting to download on wifi..... which i am currently on. Google needs to come up with a way where you can download updates over the network. Wasn't there a way to do this in older versions of Android?
Yes. However, most carriers have since moved away from unlimited data. So a large OS update could consume a lot of data if you are not on an unlimited plan. This is probably a lot safer considering Google is pushing the updates (I think) rather than the carriers (I think). lol

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Finally got the 4.4.2 update on my Nexus 5 after I got it yesterday on my 2012 Nexus 7 tablet. It was just in time as I got my new LG Tone+ hbs 730 bluetooth headset that almost blew my ear drum out when I first tested it. I read about that 4.4 bug here but it didn't happen on my old bluetooth headset but it sure was blasting on this LG Tone+. I have checked ten times today for the 4.4.2 updated and it just showed up after my ears were still ringing. Updated to 4.4.2 and now the volume control lets me turn down the sound level so my ears didn't rupture. This sounds so good I may start using the Nexus 5 for music after I buy some more.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine this afternoon, NY, ATT.
I am having serious low light focusing issues. I cannot get an in focus picture after the first one is taken.2013-12-11 22.09.41.jpg
I rebooted, running ART. I noticed in all modes I have tested, HDR, scenes, default. Focusing seems to get stuck after taking one picture. Was working fine before 4.4.2

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine this afternoon, NY, ATT.
I am having serious low light focusing issues. I cannot get an in focus picture after the first one is taken.View attachment 96309
I rebooted, running ART. I noticed in all modes I have tested, HDR, scenes, default. Focusing seems to get stuck after taking one picture. Was working fine before 4.4.2

Could there be a smudge or maybe some lotion got on the camera lens?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

RandomNickname

May 17, 2010
Visit site
FINALLY got it on the Nexus 5. Looks good though.

I ran into a bit of HDR+ not wanting to focus properly, but clicking to tell it where to focus in on seemed to fix it. Definitely a lot faster getting the picture (and I really like the new progress wheel on capture to let you know whenyou can turn away).

strav22

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
My nexus 7 got the update last night before my Nexus 5. I side loaded the nexus 5.

I ended up side loading 4.4.1 first then side loading 4.4.2. I was getting errors trying to side load from 4.4 to 4.4.2.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky