4a 5G Feb. update?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone gotten it OTA yet? I just checked on the Google developer's page and see the download is available but I'm not getting the OTA yet.

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone gotten it OTA yet? I just checked on the Google developer's page and see the download is available but I'm not getting the OTA yet.

I haven't gotten it yet either, I keep checking. I know someone who has received it, must be going out in phases. It brings SA 5G, so looking forward to that.

GPuba

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Fi, with a device purchased from Google. I usually can get it by the evening on the Monday it's released. I haven't seen it yet, which is why I was wondering...

You are correct in everything you've stated. I'm also on Fi w/a device purchased from Google. Nothing here either.

qphone

Dec 11, 2020
Visit site

When I checked on Monday (Feb 1) to my surprise it updated OTA. Not bad for getting it 4 days before the actual and regular 5th of the month security patches/updates.

It's a small one at 4.72MB

Attachments

• 619.jpg
    619.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 29

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Not bad for getting it 4 days before the actual and regular 5th of the month security patches/updates.
Shouldn't be a surprise. Regardless of the date Google always releases the monthly patches on the first Monday of the month around 1 PM Eastern. Even if that date is prior to the 5th of the month as the patch is dated...

qphone

Dec 11, 2020
Visit site
Shouldn't be a surprise. Regardless of the date Google always releases the monthly patches on the first Monday of the month around 1 PM Eastern. Even if that date is prior to the 5th of the month as the patch is dated...

Yeah coming from Blackberry Android devices it was pretty much on the dot as well but lost its way when TCL/BlackBerry never renewed the licensing agreement and patches soon stopped.

So it's nice to see patches released on time again every month 👍👍

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I did finally get mine this afternoon. I think that's the longest I've waited on an update for a current Pixel device...