4G connection outage [Austin, TX]

phobia

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I had decent 4G coverage till today afternoon. After that the phone just scans for 4G, says there is a connection available but never connects to 4G. I called spring customer service and they say there is a nationwide outage affecting their services.

Anyone else having the same issues?

jmyadagod

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Nationwide i am guessing Reading,pa down too...please dont make this a habit SPRINT

****talk about being scared the moment i pressed the unrevoked button i lost 4g!!!!!!!! i thought i did something wrong****

phobia

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Hope that they upgrading towers to be more efficient? sigh, ironically my ATT phone has all 5 bars!

edit: to add, even the HTC Hero I have just shows 3 bars. jmyadagod, you unrevoked 4g for us all? :p

Last edited:

sethpcs

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Austin too, and I have been on 4G most of the day. I was on WiFi this evening, but I just checked (10:27 PM), and I too only have 3G at the moment.

I have been on 4G almost exclusively since Friday (just for fun), and I actually get all three 4G bars at my house in South Austin. I also get a good 4G signal all over town. How about you?

phobia

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I am in South Austin too and I have never seen more than 2 bars on 4G. Even on my HTC hero, as I mentioned earlier, I just get 3 bars inside the apartment.

jmyadagod

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
4g came back but i couldn't get web pages will try again later right now tethering over 3g with new wireless tether through root

**back only getting 2Mbps down though but back**

Last edited:

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I had decent 4G coverage till today afternoon. After that the phone just scans for 4G, says there is a connection available but never connects to 4G. I called spring customer service and they say there is a nationwide outage affecting their services.

Anyone else having the same issues?
Exact same thing happened to me earlier this evening. Glad (I guess) that it's not just my phone acting up.

Don't know about how it is now; I'm in the midst of transferring my itunes library onto my device right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte