4G is live in Houston

ReaganDee

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I live in Katy still no 4G ... but I work at Beechnut and Beltway 8. Just got my first tastes of 4G here in the office. The signal is off and on and speeds are around 1 MB up and down which is not too impressive but on par with what a couple of my friends have been seeing around Houston.

I expect (HOPE) speeds to pick up as coverage expands and the network stabilizes. Just happy to see 4G light up on my notification bar and get a few speed tests in at this point.

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Just looked at my phone and saw the 4g symbol....ran a speed test and got 18mbps!!!! I'm on the north side.

nice! congrats :)
at least Houston has SOMETHING going for it (i kid)

anybody tried it in Dallas yet? I'm going to be flying into DFW in the next couple of weeks to see my family and i'd love to try out my new phone on an LTE network.

gpgyo

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Live in Pearland and work in Sugarland. I don't see 4G at home, at work, or anywhere on BW8 in between. Had it solid at the Dynamo game this weekend, though.

Matt L

May 17, 2010
Visit site
All I can say is to keep updating your profile and hope for the best. Anytime my 4G starts to suck at work a profile update fixes it.

houstonwino

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I got a pretty decent 4G connection from just before the Scarsdale exit that lasted until the end of the Clear Lake City Blvd off ramp. I picked it up again briefly as I crossed over Hwy 3, but it was weak and dropped off quickly. That was encouraging, especially since I had not seen a 4G signal at all since Wimax.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

houstonwino

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
After a full day of amazing 4G speeds I am on day two of being back to really sad 3G speeds. It feels like I just spent a weekend in a 5 star hotel with Catherine Zeta Jones but now it's Monday morning and the reality that I live with Rosie O'Donnell is starting to sink in.

Maybe if I ignore her yapping she'll leave on her own and Catherine can move in.

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Yep, it seems what few LTE towers Sprint turns on from time to time they cannot keep functional for more than a few hours at a time.

So Sprint, any real estimates of when Houston is going to get the LTE service you advertised and told us would be available back in mid July? I suppose you want me to keep paying the full bill when I am not getting the service you contracted to provide too?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soikeobong2024