7/16/2012 NO CHARGE OR EMAIL (GP Check-in Thread)

wwp-buzz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Ordered July 3rd, 16GB, no case got nothing. Friend ordered Sunday, 8 GB, no case and has tracking number. I was ok until I heard that.

pahern

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
There's another factor that may be the source of the delay:

Did you elect to have Google attach your Play account to your Nexus 7?

It would make sense that this would cause a significant delay as it would likely have to be done manually. Boxes have to be opened, devices configured and then repackaged.

I elected to have mine linked and processing on it was delayed until today. It was finally charged this morning and I received the shipping notice this evening, though UPS has no info on it yet.

Order info:
New York
June 27 @ 1:57 PM Eastern
16 GB Nexus 7
N7 Case

Yamagushi

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

It would make sense that this would cause a significant delay as it would likely have to be done manually. Boxes have to be opened, devices configured and then repackaged.

I elected to have mine linked and processing on it was delayed until today. It was finally charged this morning and I received the shipping notice this evening, though UPS has no info on it yet.

Order info:
New York
16 GB Nexus 7
N7 Case

I didn't have it linked and I'm still waiting with no charges, shipping info, anything.

cbatiste1993

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Order info:
New York
16 GB Nexus 7
N7 Case

Nope, I didn't select that option as I thought it would have been an extra fee or something. So you received your shipping info today? Seems like you're the only one that's gotten anything today lol

bayourock

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site

I don't remember clicking that..... I have gone back and went through the process again and I saw it... It was clicked by default?.... I don't think I unclick it on purchase.....

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Update
Sacramento CA
June 27, 2012 7:03:40 PM UTC-7
16GB
N7 Case
NO CHARGE AND NO E-MAIL
Almost 10pm
WOW!
I thought about calling google after I came back from gym but frankly I don't care anymore. I am still excited for my N7 but hate the fact that I pre-order a device to be last. The mid july launch announcement is vague term that I really hope Google doesn't feel they hit mark when people receive their N7 next week. I would really be ashamed of them if that were to happen to us. Hopefully we have until Wednesday to find out.

UNTIL THEN EVERYONE KEEP HOPE ALIVE!

Last edited:

Dareoth

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
June 28th. (Almost the 27th, around 12:30 am on 6/28).
16gb. Case. Charger. Linked to my Google Account. No email. No charge. No nothing. 19 days after ordering.

I'm... disappointed to say the least.

Oh, and I can't even speak to someone about it because even the middle of the night I end up on hold for 30+ minutes with the customer support they give (which is the only feedback method offered by Google). Volume of calls is apparently... quite high. With good reason.

(My previous two Play Store devices experiences were downright excellent. I ordered a Galaxy Nexus separately immediately after the Nexus 7 purchase, and received it on the 29 when I got home at 6. Insanely fast. Next day technically.)

limitproof

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
my 6/27 preorder jumped to the top of the list of transactions on google play and now has a date of july 16, 2012. no email, no charge.

correction, pending charge!! I guess it will go through and ship tomorrow, arrive Thursday?

correction 2, received email and instead of 2-day shipping, it's coming NEXT DAY AIR, may be at my door by 10am.

hmm , i suddenly feel a touch of the chills and scratchy throat. *cough cough* can't go to work

Last edited:

Rusticus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
16 GB with Case -- Still no change in my order. I talked with GP support just now. Keith said that my order should ship either today (17th) or tomorrow (18th). He also said that as far as he could find, the case has nothing to do with the hold up. We shall see.........

wpeen001

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Ordered 7/5, 16GB, Still no email, charge or anything...Still waiting patiently :-\

Also when I ordered I was never given an option to link my account to the Nexus 7, unless I missed that somewhere, however I looked twice for that option upon ordering it.

skesler89

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
It's after 6am here in TN and still nothing from GP re my 16gb N7. I have to say that this has been a very frustrating experience. I think it likely that my order has somehow fallen through the cracks.

eneisch

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I just sent emails to Gizmodo and Engadget regarding the terrible way Google has been handling the pre-order fulfillment. I would love to see one of them pick up on this story and get a comment from Google..

Last edited:
Reactions: edgeless

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
As of this morning I have heard nothing either. I ordered a n7 & case on 6/28. I guess we are most likely looking at Thursday or Friday delivery hopefully. I'm getting to the point were I' ll be happy if I just here something, anything this week.

I'm not really upset, just a little frustrated seeing people who ordered weeks after me get shipping info already. (good for them). I chalk it up as a lesson learned to never preorder anything from the play store again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

whynotv2

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

Order info:
New York
16 GB Nexus 7
N7 Case

I did not link mine.