A bunch of my apps were randomly uninstalled recently

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
anybody had this happen? i am unrooted.
the only thing i can think that i did was run my backup pro

at first i though maybe i'd uninstalled an app or two by accident, sometimes i push buttons i don't mean two while moving from one place or another but there were about 8-10 apps gone for some reason. the icon was still on my homescreens but the app was no longer installed.

winamp, amazon kindle, netflix, yelp, astrid apps like that

very weird.

SirThale

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Hmm... I've had a couple of incidents where an app that I thought I had on my phone wasn't on there and I had to install it. I figured it was just me thinking I'd put them on but not actually having done it, but now you're making me wonder.

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes - Thale, that's what i thought too! but obviously i didn't uninstall a dozen or so apps accidentally...
not a huge deal but very bizarre.

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
That happened to me with a game I downloaded from Amazon. The icon was still on the homepage but said it wasn't available and when I went the Amazon App Store the only option available was 'Open' which did nothing. Finally today I was able to download it again. It even kept my place in the game.

Sent from EVO 4G L(a)TE

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Do you have an mSD Card? is it all the way in and does the phone recognize it? Sometimes when my phone doesn't recognize the card it hides the apps that have been moved over to the card.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I actually had the opposite happen. Had shortcuts on a home screen and they randomly disappeared. It was really strange, I keep a list of direct dial shortcuts on one of my home screens and all of a sudden half of them went away. I was worried that somehow the contacts were gone, but they weren't.

Addrick Stich

Sep 6, 2018
Visit site
anybody had this happen? i am unrooted.
the only thing i can think that i did was run my backup pro

at first i though maybe i'd uninstalled an app or two by accident, sometimes i push buttons i don't mean two while moving from one place or another but there were about 8-10 apps gone for some reason. the icon was still on my homescreens but the app was no longer installed.

winamp, amazon kindle, netflix, yelp, astrid apps like that

very weird.

I ran into a very similar situation, I installed a VR game and it bugged out, I had to shut the phone down by holding the power button and all my fiance's games just went Poof when I turned it back on, the games were fully uninstalled from the phone with no apparent reason. One of them was there when i turned on the phone but when i swiped through the home screen it just vanished. I'm currently trying to make heads or tails of it.