Abnormal screenshot prosses battery usage

Andre22

Feb 18, 2024
Visit site
Pic2.PNGpic3.PNGPic1.PNGHello
I noticed a problem today regarding the screenshot process’s battery usage. I’m not sure if it’s a bug. Over the past 24 hours, the screenshot process had almost 5 hours of foreground activity, most of which occurred between 3 am and 7 am. I’m unsure what happened during this time since I didn’t take any screenshots and my phone was locked while I was sleeping.

Attachments

• Pic2.PNG
    Pic2.PNG
    41 KB · Views: 10

Andre22

Feb 18, 2024
Visit site
Screenshot runs in the background continuously but I don't see it draining the battery or nothing out of the ordinary here. Don't worry, nobody has hacked your phone....
Thanks for the reply. It just piqued my interest since the app’s battery usage was quite high compared to other apps and it was continuously running in the background during the whole night without any pauses and stopped when i woke up and started to use the phone

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone is that?

If you go to Settings>Apps and select the Screenshot app, is there an option to Uninstall it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Screenshot runs in the background continuously but I don't see it draining the battery or nothing out of the ordinary here. Don't worry, nobody has hacked your phone....
The image does show that "Screenshot" has been in the foreground for almost 5 hours, rather than the background. And it does specify using 614 mAh, which is a pretty decent chunk.:unsure:

@Andre22 , are you able to clear the app cache/data for Screenshot in Settings>Apps and then Force Stop it?

Andre22

Feb 18, 2024
Visit site
The image does show that "Screenshot" has been in the foreground for almost 5 hours, rather than the background. And it does specify using 614 mAh, which is a pretty decent chunk.:unsure:

@Andre22 , are you able to clear the app cache/data for Screenshot in Settings>Apps and then Force Stop it?
Yeah i am, but i am not really worried about the battery drain, but more concerned why it was on this whole time

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Sure, but it does not unfortunately answer the question why it was on during the night.
Any number of reasons. Bad update, another app calling for it, stray cosmic ray. I would go through permissions for other apps and see if any have permission to use it. Social media apps would be my first guess.

Reactions: Daniel Detkowski

Andre22

Feb 18, 2024
Visit site
Any number of reasons. Bad update, another app calling for it, stray cosmic ray. I would go through permissions for other apps and see if any have permission to use it. Social media apps would be my first guess.
Checked through most of them and nothing special. I was watching some Twitch streams before sleeping, but the app does not have any permissions.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah i am, but i am not really worried about the battery drain, but more concerned why it was on this whole time
So clear the app cache and data, then wait a day or two and check the battery usage again to see if Screenshot is still using that much battery. If it doesn't, then there may have been some wonky bit of data that was keeping the app active.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29