Absurd battery stats

wordfool

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm currently on 5.0.2 and after doing a full refresh and giving the phone a few days post-upgrade to settle down I'm getting absurd battery usage stats. Battery life itself is fine (after taming the runaway Google services), but at 50% battery the stats suggest my screen time is responsible for 3% (despite 4+ hours of SOT... hey, it's a Sony!), Android system 30% and K9 email for almost 30% (K9 kept the phone awake for less than 2 minutes, and Android System kept it awake for about 35 minutes). Those % figures are absurd and I now use GSam to see what's really happening. Needless to say, it gives far more believable stats.

I have no rogue wake locks, I use Greenify to kill errant apps when not using them, wif-fi turns off when screen is off, and my wireless signal is green 90% of the time. Anyone experiencing the same, or know what's going on?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's possible that one of your data files either got corrupt or is different after the update - which is why it's suggested that you do a backup, factory reset and restore after an update.

wordfool

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I did that already -- updated from 4.4.4 to 5.0.2, rebooted, then immediately did a full reset/restore that wiped all data. I really don't want to spend hours doing that again unless I know it will solve this (and other) problems.

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I did that already -- updated from 4.4.4 to 5.0.2, rebooted, then immediately did a full reset/restore that wiped all data. I really don't want to spend hours doing that again unless I know it will solve this (and other) problems.

And on 4.4.2 K9 didn't cause you any issues?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markp84103