Accessory for Photo transfer from DSLR

T_MB

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi all! First post here. I am almost ready to pull the trigger on the Note 8. The onyl thing holding me back right now is that I want to be able to transfer photos directly from my DSLR to the Note 8. My camera uses regular SD cards. Is there an adapter I can purchase that will allow me to do this? If so, can you point me in the right direction. FYI, I am new to tablets, "dongles" and the like.

T_MB

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I shoot tons of photos in raw. I want to able to view and edit them in the field without lugging a laptop. I want to be able to shoot, hop in my car, plug into a tablet and view my shots on a larger screen.

firestartar

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Usb otg reader and raw vision. You can view and extract jpg from your raw files. I prefer to shoot raw+jpg and edit the jpgs if need a quick edit, otherwise its mainly backup and view on tablet when shooting on the go.

Snapseed is a excellent quick jpg editor although it resizes my 24mp files down to about 8mp.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I use the eye-fi. It will send the jpegs to my tablet wirelessly where I can do some light editing.

I don't know of any android apps that can edit raw pics.

sidetracked

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Does your eye-fi always reduce the resolution of your photo when transferring it to your tablet? Mine does, but I have an older tablet, so it may think it has to. I have been unable to determine if the eye fi reduces the resolution when sending the photos to the Galaxy Note, if it does not, then the Note is definately on my list. I do hope someone can answer this question, TIA!

domer

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, I'm going to try using this http://www.amazon.com/Micro-Female-Cable-Galaxy-I9100/dp/B0073EPXO4 in conjunction with a USB SD card reader for the same purpose. I'm hoping it will work!

Well, I wanted to update my post above. Unfortunately, this solution doesn't work for me. Strangely enough, if I connect a USB flash drive it works great, but when I connect a SD card reader, no dice. I see "USB Connector Connected" momentarily, and that's is. Anyone have any suggestions?

domer

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Well, I wanted to update my post above. Unfortunately, this solution doesn't work for me. Strangely enough, if I connect a USB flash drive it works great, but when I connect a SD card reader, no dice. I see "USB Connector Connected" momentarily, and that's is. Anyone have any suggestions?

Does anyone have any ideas given my follow up post above? When use an USB OTG cable to connect an SD card reader, the card reader is not recognized. I've tried this with a generic OTG and Samsung brand OTG. When I connect a flash drive using the same OTG cables, the flash drive is recognized. Do I have a defective port? I have a few days left to return/exchange my Note 8, and I've been looking for a solution to this but haven't had any luck.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any ideas given my follow up post above? When use an USB OTG cable to connect an SD card reader, the card reader is not recognized. I've tried this with a generic OTG and Samsung brand OTG. When I connect a flash drive using the same OTG cables, the flash drive is recognized. Do I have a defective port? I have a few days left to return/exchange my Note 8, and I've been looking for a solution to this but haven't had any luck.

I would way it is not likely a defective port since other things work on it. Do you have a card reader that has its own power source? Are you using the additional power source if you do. My guess would be that it can't be powered enough to read the card using the draw from the tablet. So a newer card reader or one with its own power source may fix the problem

Posted via Android Central App

Bob Phoenix

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,
In reading the posts above, I think I may have a solution to the transfer issue...

I have just started using a DSLR, when I purchased it, I went to Staples and got a couple of 32GB "Micro" SD cards for about $35.00. (with SD adapters.) When it is in the adapter it is a full size SD card for the DSLR.

Now I am looking at a Galaxy Tab 3, I know it uses an external SD-Micro card, so, that is my suggestion. I'll transfer the miro card from the DSLR into the Tab, (then I can transfer my RAW+JPEG to Google+ for edits at home later.) Or, do minor edits to JPEG on the "Tab"...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86