Accidental Screen Touches?

exdrinker

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I never thought of that. I don't like cases when part of the appeal is the look and feel. I love the look of the edges but I wish the screen was flat instead. I can't believe I'm actually thinking of returning this phone.

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
None for me. I had it a lot on the S7e. So this is a lot better for me.

Same here. This was a huge problem with my old S7E. Apps would launch themselves if my finger was anywhere near them on the edge. I can do the same now and nothing is launching.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
The first day I got the phone (8/18) I was accidentally touching the screen like crazy.... I had to get use to the fact that I wasn't holding a N3 anymore.... The next day, with the case on, I had no problems... When I got home from work a d took the case off, I was better at holding this beautiful device...... It's been a full week now and I'm over the accidental screen touchs, with out the case on.

TheLegoJoker

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
When the phone was naked I had my palm hitting when I reached across the screen. Once I put my Spigen neo hybrid case on, that stopped. It's just enough to stop the accidental touches.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
When the phone was naked I had my palm hitting when I reached across the screen. Once I put my Spigen neo hybrid case on, that stopped. It's just enough to stop the accidental touches.
Yeah. Me too. Same case too. It was super annoying before the case, but no problems after.

exdrinker

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
You will get used to it. I and others did that a lot even when we got the Note 5 last year.
I did have some issues with the Note 5 and did get used to it. This was far more pronounced though. In addition, part of the reason I upgraded from the 5 to the 7 was the new Samsung Notes app sounded like an upgrade. It definitely was a downgrade from S Note.

Thank you everyone for the replies they did help in a way to come to a decision. The worry about the frequent accidental touches combined with the downgrade of the notes app (the phone is called the "Note", why would they not improve on the note app????) caused me to bring it back yesterday. Wow, I cannot say how much that I did not want to do that. After more than an hour in the Best Buy store for what should have been an easy return I walked out with a smile on my face knowing that I made the right decision. I did miss my shiny new silver toy when I woke up this morning but the Note 5 is still the best all around smart phone for me. I have loved all of my Note phones (2, 3, 4, and 5). I will not own any smart phone than a Note in my foreseeable future but the Note 7 did not suit me at all.

Now, if they come out with a flat screen version with S Note functionality in the Samsung Notes app then I will buy it immediately, otherwise, I am waiting a year for the Note 8.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
My experience is the opposite of most in this thread. I get accidental touches with a case, but I don't without. When I'm using it naked I don't get weird touches, but I do with my Spigen Liquid Crystal case. I think it's because it makes the phone wider so I hit the screen with my palm just below my thumb. Doesn't happen often though. I'm having to get used to not swiping from the edge clearing notifications as well. Out of habit I swipe from the far right, but that activates the Edge panels. Again not a huge deal. Just an adjustment period.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I did have some issues with the Note 5 and did get used to it. This was far more pronounced though. In addition, part of the reason I upgraded from the 5 to the 7 was the new Samsung Notes app sounded like an upgrade. It definitely was a downgrade from S Note.

Thank you everyone for the replies they did help in a way to come to a decision. The worry about the frequent accidental touches combined with the downgrade of the notes app (the phone is called the "Note", why would they not improve on the note app????) caused me to bring it back yesterday. Wow, I cannot say how much that I did not want to do that. After more than an hour in the Best Buy store for what should have been an easy return I walked out with a smile on my face knowing that I made the right decision. I did miss my shiny new silver toy when I woke up this morning but the Note 5 is still the best all around smart phone for me. I have loved all of my Note phones (2, 3, 4, and 5). I will not own any smart phone than a Note in my foreseeable future but the Note 7 did not suit me at all.

Now, if they come out with a flat screen version with S Note functionality in the Samsung Notes app then I will buy it immediately, otherwise, I am waiting a year for the Note 8.

The Note app is getting the functions that are missing. Samsung listened and is updating next month.

You can also download a previous apk of S-Notes to get it immediately.

shadoweave

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Is anybody else getting accidental screen touches because of no bezel. This, and the notes app are frustrating.

No. The Note 7 has been ok for me. I'm use to edge devices though.

The s7 and 6 Edge was horrid for edge touches and the main reason I got the Note 7.

exdrinker

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
The Note app is getting the functions that are missing. Samsung listened and is updating next month.

You can also download a previous apk of S-Notes to get it immediately.
Kelly, I did hear this as well. That is great news. Maybe I will pick it up again and keep it longer to see if I can get used to it enough to not accidentally touch the screen.

I didn't really see the need to upgrade since the Note 5 is still so perfect but I do like to support the Note line and every other Note upgrade I did wasn't needed but was so worth it.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
no accidental screen touches but frequent touches that do not register. It's like they went overboard to prevent accidental screen touches.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Kelly, I did hear this as well. That is great news. Maybe I will pick it up again and keep it longer to see if I can get used to it enough to not accidentally touch the screen.

I didn't really see the need to upgrade since the Note 5 is still so perfect but I do like to support the Note line and every other Note upgrade I did wasn't needed but was so worth it.

I use Action Memos almost every day so this is a big thing with me.

The Edge screen can have accidental touches. When I had the S6, I only had it about 3 weeks and I got used to it enough the accidental touches stopped. I went from the Note 4 to the Note 5 and had issues at first with accidental touches. The bezels were so small it was an issue at first. I think people can get used to the edge screen and not have the accidental touches pretty easily.

The good news though, Samsung listened about the action memo and is making the change very quickly. It shows the power of voicing concerns and Samsung does listen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell