Active display not working for Sms

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It seems that since the 4.4.2 update I have stopped receiving active display notifications for all sms. The phone displays the active display time upon receiving the sms and I get the notification in the notification bar, but that it. I've verified that this issue exists for multiple sms apps (textra, hangouts, stock) and checked to make sure active display has these apps checked off in the settings. I'm at a loss. Anyone with any nifty ideas?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
It seems that since the 4.4.2 update I have stopped receiving active display notifications for all sms. The phone displays the active display time upon receiving the sms and I get the notification in the notification bar, but that it. I've verified that this issue exists for multiple sms apps (textra, hangouts, stock) and checked to make sure active display has these apps checked off in the settings. I'm at a loss. Anyone with any nifty ideas?

I might be misunderstanding you but if they are checked "off" then that is why your not getting them in the active display. When they are checked "ON" you will get them through active display.

anon(8082935)

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar issue. I cleared the active display data and rebooted the phone then it worked fine. Might work for you.

Posted via Android Central App

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I might be misunderstanding you but if they are checked "off" then that is why your not getting them in the active display. When they are checked "ON" you will get them through active display.

Yes I meant checked "ON". I guess I was thinking of the expression of "checking something off" when it's completed, but you have pointed out how ambiguous that expression is, haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene