Advice on Xiaomi phones, please.

villylr

Jun 4, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm Villy and I am quiet clueless when it comes to phones. I'm an Australian living in Italy and my Samsung s7 died at the start of the lockdown so I've been without a phone for a few months.

I have been reading reviews on some phones, but to be honest I feel more confused than I was when I started. I am looking for a phone below or around the €500 mark with a good amount of storage (is 6G - 128 GB okay?), with a good camera, bis screen, preferably a headphone jack, NFC, decent battery, Android 10 (Q) or 9.0 Pie, battery capacity of 4OOOmAH, unlocked, AMOLED display and I like curved corners. To be honest, I am not 100% sure what all of that means, but I think that's what I want.

I have been looking at the Xiaomi Mi 9t Pro (though hard to find!) and the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro. Does anyone know which is the better phone, please?

I also saw on the Mi Italia site something called a POCO F2 Pro. As I don't really know what the hell I'm talking really open to any suggestions, even other brands.

I'm really appreciative on any help. I hope you're all safe and well. BLM. ACAB.

Villy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the General News forum to the General Help forum, which I think is more appropriate. (Buyers Guides would also work.)

I can't comment on the Xiaomi phones, but given your requirements, OnePlus might be the way to go. If the current model is too pricey, then look into the OnePlus 6 or 7 line.

anon(10300249)

Aug 20, 2017
Visit site
https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_10x_5g-10266.phpI have Xiaomi phone, my wife too and my friend too. We are all satisfied these phones. My model is Redmi S2 with 4GB RAM and 64GB internal memory. It's been 2 years and phone is still doing it's work great. No lags, nothing... My wife has a bit older model Redmi 5 Plus with almost same specs. It's also like new and zero problems & it got 4000mah battery which lasts quite long. And my friend got Redmi Note 9 with even bigger battery 5020mah and better camera. This one even looks better & I think it satisfies your requirements. If I were you, I would be getting this phone, especially for that price. Check all their phones here: https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi-phones-80.php

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, which One Plus model is the current one? I get different results in Italian than English. Thank you again.

The current OnePlus phone is the OnePlus 8 line. It's a great lineup!

OnePlus *usually* follows a trend of releasing a new lineup of phones every few months, so if you have your eye on a OnePlus 8 phone, wait a little while and see what happens.

Of course, as B. Diddy said above, previous iterations are also awesome contenders. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej