After a week this phone just isn't for me.

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
I used this phone exclusively for the last week and kept my S21 5g in a drawer. Today I took out my S21 powered it on and was reminded of why that is one of my favorite devices I have ever owned.

I really like the pixel 6 pro and it is a solid device. If you are a pixel fan and reading this and wondering if you should upgrade. The answer is you should upgrade to this phone because its definitely a pixel there is no question about that.

That is also why I am not going to keep it, I am so use to all the little things that samsung does with their phones and they do them so well. Its really hard for me to want to use something that doesnt have feature I use regularly.

I was thinking of returning and getting the regular 6 because my biggest complaint is that the pro is a huge heavy phone when compared to my s21. To the point where holding it for long periods became uncomfortable at times. The 6 would still be missing the samsung specific features I have grown to love and enjoy.

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
Returned my 6 pro today and went back to my iPhone 12 Pro Max. In the end, you gotta do you!!

It’s a great device, just missing key features. May switch back to iPhone. My job is about to pile a ton more responsibilities on me and iMessage is hard to beat when it comes to reliability.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
All the while I'm sitting here thinking about 2 6 pro's that could've going to the thousands that will be waiting for months to get one

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
In the end its all about finding the phone that works the way you do. Hey, if there is a better way of doing something I'm all about learning it and embracing it. What I don't do is change the way I work just because the phone doesn't operate like that. So whether its a Pixel, Samsung, or iPhone, you use what works best for YOU.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Returned my 6 pro today and went back to my iPhone 12 Pro Max. In the end, you gotta do you!!

I'm curious what is the return policy with the phones? Do you have like 14 days or something? I'm debating on getting the Pixel 6. Everyone has to find the phone that's best for them

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
I'm curious what is the return policy with the phones? Do you have like 14 days or something? I'm debating on getting the Pixel 6. Everyone has to find the phone that's best for them

I'd check with the vendor you intend to buy from - just ordered a P6 from Best Buy - 14 day return period

"Google Store's standard return policy states that you can return all electronic devices bought from Google Store within 15 calendar days of the date of delivery. If you are looking to return your newly-purchased Google Pixel or Google Fi phone, check your delivery date and initiate the return within the next 15 days.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Amazon is until the end of January for returns, and the return is free. Best buy charges $45 restocking fee too. Just a heads up

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I used this phone exclusively for the last week and kept my S21 5g in a drawer. Today I took out my S21 powered it on and was reminded of why that is one of my favorite devices I have ever owned.

I really like the pixel 6 pro and it is a solid device. If you are a pixel fan and reading this and wondering if you should upgrade. The answer is you should upgrade to this phone because its definitely a pixel there is no question about that.

That is also why I am not going to keep it, I am so use to all the little things that samsung does with their phones and they do them so well. Its really hard for me to want to use something that doesnt have feature I use regularly.

I was thinking of returning and getting the regular 6 because my biggest complaint is that the pro is a huge heavy phone when compared to my s21. To the point where holding it for long periods became uncomfortable at times. The 6 would still be missing the samsung specific features I have grown to love and enjoy.

I totally agree with you about some of the nice features on Samsung phones that I definitely sorely miss on this one. What things about them specifically are making you go back? A lot of it is just a different way of doing things and I'm so used to the way Samsung does things and yes, it's change, but I do think they do some things better.

MyEyeCaptain

Oct 1, 2021
Visit site
Back when I used to sell phones, when we first started getting Pixel devices in I was really enthusiastic about sharing the brand with customers. What I found was that many people enjoy what many of us enthusiasts would consider bloat. This isn't to say OP enjoys bloat, quite the opposite. As I looked at it from the customer's perspective and my inner nerd kind of stopped clouding my judgement, I realized that if the features were meaningful for that person then the features weren't bloat. Because of that I came to appreciate (not prefer, but appreciate) all of the stuff that Samsung puts into their software and why they do it.

I still like a cleaner software experience, but I do miss some of the features my Samsung had that Pixel 6 doesn't - like app drawer organization.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Amazon is until the end of January for returns, and the return is free. Best buy charges $45 restocking fee too. Just a heads up
Best buy is the same due to it being within the holiday shopping window if you buy the unlocked model. As you stated they also have a return fee. Use to not be that way, but I'm sure it's due to many people buying phones and then returning them for one reason or another.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Back when I used to sell phones, when we first started getting Pixel devices in I was really enthusiastic about sharing the brand with customers. What I found was that many people enjoy what many of us enthusiasts would consider bloat. This isn't to say OP enjoys bloat, quite the opposite. As I looked at it from the customer's perspective and my inner nerd kind of stopped clouding my judgement, I realized that if the features were meaningful for that person then the features weren't bloat. Because of that I came to appreciate (not prefer, but appreciate) all of the stuff that Samsung puts into their software and why they do it.

I still like a cleaner software experience, but I do miss some of the features my Samsung had that Pixel 6 doesn't - like app drawer organization.
I am one of them that don't consider a lot of things that Samsung do as bloat. I've also found out that some people say they want a vanilla android experience until they actually get the device and realize that some of the features they loved on Samsung were actually exclusive to Samsung lol. Features like multi, window, power saver, continuous screen capture, one handed mode were on Samsung phones first before they made standard in Android. Pop up mode which virtually lets you use any app in a window style tab still isn't available natively on Android and I use that constantly to quickly go between apps. You also can't customize the navigation buttons which I don't like as I before the back button to be to the far right and not the far left like you're forced to have it on the pixel. I've been using Samsung for way too long and have appreciated a lot of things they do that others classify as bloat

MyEyeCaptain

Oct 1, 2021
Visit site
I am one of them that don't consider a lot of things that Samsung do as bloat. I've also found out that some people say they want a vanilla android experience until they actually get the device and realize that some of the features they loved on Samsung were actually exclusive to Samsung lol. Features like multi, window, power saver, continuous screen capture, one handed mode were on Samsung phones first before they made standard in Android. Pop up mode which virtually lets you use any app in a window style tab still isn't available natively on Android and I use that constantly to quickly go between apps. You also can't customize the navigation buttons which I don't like as I before the back button to be to the far right and not the far left like you're forced to have it on the pixel. I've been using Samsung for way too long and have appreciated a lot of things they do that others classify as bloat

You nailed it. Samsung's software also looks cleaner on OneUI than it did on TouchWhiz. Dex is an awesome feature too, especially on something like a loaded S21 Ultra with 512GB of storage and 16GB of RAM. Plus, if Samsung wasn't doing what their doing on the fabrication side of things neither the iPhone or Pixel would be anywhere near as good as they are now.

That being said, I'm really enjoying Pixel 6 and love what I got for the money there. It's good to have options/competition.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Best buy is the same due to it being within the holiday shopping window if you buy the unlocked model. As you stated they also have a return fee. Use to not be that way, but I'm sure it's due to many people buying phones and then returning them for one reason or another.
Thanks for the info. I'll have to look into that. Just bought a P6 yesterday and they told me 14 days on phones, even the holidays. Everything else is end of January. Regardless, still a good buy

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
I totally agree with you about some of the nice features on Samsung phones that I definitely sorely miss on this one. What things about them specifically are making you go back? A lot of it is just a different way of doing things and I'm so used to the way Samsung does things and yes, it's change, but I do think they do some things better.
The edge panel, secure folder (have all my work stuff there) , bixby routines( can setup smartlock to work when connected to specific wifi), adapt sound, dolby atmos, dex, samsung messages, one ui, good lock, theme park.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

YES. When I started setting up this phone I was like, what do you mean I can't reorder those buttons?? I've always been able to move them around. I wasn't and still aren't sure how many of my issues are related to the Pixel vs Android 12 changes.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I'll have to look into that. Just bought a P6 yesterday and they told me 14 days on phones, even the holidays. Everything else is end of January. Regardless, still a good buy
Yeah I had picked up the unlocked Pixel 6 a week back from Best buy while I was waiting for the P6 Pro from Google store and I believe the return period was still 14 days. It will say on your order details on when it's the last day for return and I would go by that. I returned it after I got my P6 Pro a few days back and they charged me $45 restocking fee which I have no issues with. I filed a return protection claim with my eligible AMEX card and got the $45 restocking fee credited back