After trying to root my Note 4 the process failed and the phone is now really acting up Help!

A

AC Question

I was in the process of rooting my Galaxy Note 4 and the power went off shutting down my computer midway through the process. I went to the recovery mode immediately after and restored it to factory settings. Since then the phone will reboot for no apparent reason randomly on its oI was in the process of rooting my Galaxy Note 4 and the power went off shutting down my computer midway through the process. I went to the recovery mode immediately after a restored it to factory settings. Since then the phone will reboot for no apparent reason randomly on its own or it will just completely die and cannot be restarted for several hours, frequently freezes up, and at least once a day shuts down complete and will not start at all. It will just die, so I just plug it in for the time being and check it off and on throughout the day. Then out of the blue I will check it after leaving it plugged in and check it eventually come back to life and boot to the Android OS 5.1.1. I decided to reinstall the firmware for T-Mobile SM-N910T. However, when I did that I got an error message in Odin saying that the process failed. It did make some small improvement tho. It still does all those things but less frequently it seems. It still randomly shuts down then reboots, freezes up, stays dead for a short time, and it now will sporadically boot up to the recovery looking screen showing an error that says wn or it will just completely die and cannot be restarted for several hours, then out of the blue I will check it after leaving it plugged in most of the day and sporadically check it and it will eventually come back to life and boot to the Android OS 5.1.1. It will also freeze up quite often now as well. I decided to reinstall the firmware for T-Mobile SM-N910T. However, when I did that I got an error message saying that the process failed. I again restored it to factory settings and booted it up but now it has not rebooted for several hours and so I unplugged it and changed the batter and it rebooted to the recovery looking screen with a status message saying "could not do normal boot"

ddi:mmc_read failed
ODIN MODE HIGH SPEED
PRODUCT NAME: SM-N910T
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung official
FRP LOCK: ON
KNOX WARRENTY VOID: 0x0
QUALCOM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)
RP SWREV: S1, T1, R1, A1, P1
SECURE DOWNLOAD: ENABLE
UDC START

Also showing on that screen it SAYS

Downloading... Do not turn off target.

Unfortunately when I leave it alone for a long period of time that message still says it's downloading and not to turn off target so I unplug it and removed and replaced the battery and most often times it will boot back up again, however, this time I was unable to reboot it or show any signs of life and I've now checked it approximately 12 hours later and it appears to be stuck on the error screen saying it's downloading something again. I don't know what else to do! I removed the battery and unplugged it again (that is the only way it will leave that screen, the power button is basically useless) and it just returns to the same error and downloading state. Did I trip Knox? Is that what the 0x0 means on the error screen? Am I doing something wrong? How can I get the software to return to its normal state as it was when I bought the phone? I am assuming this will void my warrenty and I now have a 460$ paperweight. If I tried reinstalling android 5.1.1 OS or is that the same thing as the latest firmware I already tried installing? Will I get the same errors and results or possibly screw it up even more? Please help me!!! I really hope I haven't voided the warrenty at this point and the techies at T-Mobile will know I screwed around with it and I will not get a replacement phone for it. I will try any suggestions I get at this point because I now believe I'm in over my head here.

Thank you very much,

Ronda

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali