After update android system has gone mad!

unlmtdRW

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Could this be the gsiff_daemon issue? If you go into settings -> developer options and select "show CPU processes", do you see gsiff_daemon at the top of the list?
I've had this happen 3 times in the last 6 weeks. For some people a reboot works - I've been completely shutting down and then booting back up.
The main symptom is very quick battery discharge, and Android System showing as the main use of battery.
I had a similar thing happening with my phone since the update. Initially thought it was that I changed the brightness setting way high when taking camera shots outside, but that didn't address the issue. Then I read your post, and sure as shootin' a restart took care of the issue for me and battery life is back to normal. Many thanks!

OWybPPgO

Geek Mom
Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me last night - the gsiff daemon was spinning. After a reboot it was fine.

I don't want to rename/remove the process since I'm not sure exactly what it does. It seems to have something to do with gps / gyroscope.

rclatter

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Anecdotally - in a thread elsewhere a few people mentioned renaming the gsiff_daemon file (just adding .bak didn't stop it, but renaming it entirely did) and haven't seen any issues.
But I'm not ready to do that yet myself since I don't really know what the file does. I just keep an eye on the phone and if it starts draining very quickly I check the CPU usage.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this happened 3 or 4 times since the recent update a few weeks ago and the Android System was consuming huge amounts of battery (70+%). This happened a couple days ago and my battery dropped 18% in 45 min. Normally it would only drop about 5%.

I did not know about the gsiff_daemon issue but I'll check next time.

I've rebooted a couple times when this happens but still happening. Hopefully they fix it with the latest update (which I have not received yet.)

Poohbear

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I just rebooted mine and hopefully that gets the phone back to normal. My battery life has been horrible since the update.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74