All the hatred towards the GS3 is ridiculous

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I'm not a samsung fan, but it is a nice looking phone... Doesn't mean I'll be getting it.

And my photon was hella easy to root... Locked bootloader... Psht.

Swyped from my photon using t-talk 2

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Why can't OP just accept the fact that people are entitled to their own opinions. This thread is rather pointless, and in essence is no better than the blogs ranting about the phone we're all supposed to be focusing on.

My opinion on the phone? Pentile = no buy. Plain and simple.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
How do you pass judgement on a phone you don't own? And yes, I understand it's easy to comment on hardware/software profiles, but it's practical, everyday use that tells the real tale, isn't it?

Here in the US we have no idea which carrier is getting it, what it will cost and when we'll actually be able to play with it. Until then, the jury is out.. At least where I'm concerned.

Right now, it appears the One X is the leader, though we're already seeing WiFi bugs and others popping up which means a firmware update coming :)

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I would classify mself as neither, yet I am disapointend in the S3. I may still get it, but I've never owned an iPhone nor a Sense phone. Good job at generalizations though.

I understand, its ok to be disappointed. The bar set has been kind of high. I just think its blasphemy to say this phone is crap or a failure. Its one at the very least. A lot of people are saying Samsung lost before the game started, which is not cool because their one of the biggest competitors.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
They did what they could I think. The new Exonys is a great cpu, the display tech just isn't ready, and you have to realize Samsung has to design their phones so Apple doesn't sue them for some nonsense reasons yet again.

I understand that. The SGS3 just had bad timing. It was mostly due to the fact that most of the high-end tech has already been out for a while (quad-cores, A15, 720p screens, etc.).

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
2 words here iSheep and Sensebugs.

Lol but I completely agree. This phone hasnt been given its fair chance.

As you do nit Luke an iPhone or htc can u call you a samsuck?

Who cares what others think. It will be a great phone for some and a phone some people can't wait to get rid of. It's.personal preference. My rezound stacks up really well against it an it is older than the maxx and nexus (the two latest devices on vzw).

For those that are excited and will get this phone I hope you are happy. We spend enough time and money on these devices so they should work and be what we want them to be.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
As you do nit Luke an iPhone or htc can u call you a samsuck?

Who cares what others think. It will be a great phone for some and a phone some people can't wait to get rid of. It's.personal preference. My rezound stacks up really well against it an it is older than the maxx and nexus (the two latest devices on vzw).

For those that are excited and will get this phone I hope you are happy. We spend enough time and money on these devices so they should work and be what we want them to be.

Lol, you can call me whatever you want. I dont care, nor did I ever say I disliked HTC or Apple. I think they are both great companies with great devices. I just said the people basically worshiping them are mostly actually hating the GS3 and not just being disappointed with it or criticizing it but actually saying it is a terrible device. That is all

CrackBerry1526

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I bet all of you people.... Samsung releases a SG3 HD in 3-6 months. or some kind of variant thats a million times better like they did with the SG2. and screw over people that bought the original SG3.

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
From everything I've read it seems like a solid phone. But like the rappers say. Haters gonna hate

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I bet all of you people.... Samsung releases a SG3 HD in 3-6 months. or some kind of variant thats a million times better like they did with the SG2. and screw over people that bought the original SG3.

No version of the GS2 is really better than the original. They are all compromised in some way shape or form. The only version that was definitively better in everyway from the international version was sprint's version.

The skyrocket had LTE but had a crappier processor, the T mobile version had HSPA+42 so it also had a crappier processor, the skyrocket HD had a better screen, and LTE but had a crappier processor.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
No version of the GS2 is really better than the original. They are all compromised in some way shape or form. The only version that was definitively better in everyway from the international version was sprint's version.

The skyrocket had LTE but had a crappier processor, the T mobile version had HSPA+42 so it also had a crappier processor, the skyrocket HD had a better screen, and LTE but had a crappier processor.

They never did release a Skyrocket HD. Announced that version, but it never released.
Do not see how it comes out now.
You are probably right though. We will see a Note 2 and the new Nexus from Samsung.
Don't expect any other high end Androids from Sammy until next year.