Alpha-1 Gingerbread Theme UPDATED

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Brenneisec has done it aGain...

"Thumbs up [THEME] ALPHA-1 Stock Gingerbread for DX
(I personally dig the CRT monitor off sequence!)
ALPHA-1.1 Gingerbread – The way it’s supposed to look.
Mirror:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11232883/Android Central/Alpha-1.1.zip (Mount system before flashing)
This is a theme for Droid X users running the leaked 2.3.3. You obviously must be rooted and you also must be deodexed.

Huge thank you goes out to mobile_sensei and mikeyinid for listening to my stupid questions and pointing me in the right direction.

Thank you to CHKMATE for helping me test.

UPDATE: v1.1 includes XML edits, my own custom keyboard that is the DX keyboard but GB themed so it has normal sized keys (yay!), the nexus s boot animation has been built in. nexus s live wallpaper is now built in, there are a few other small changes that im forgetting but its late so you'll have to forgive me. FOR BEST RESULTS, FLASH DEODEXED GINGERBREAD, THEN FLASH THIS RIGHT AFTER. Mount system is all that's needed. I really hope you guys like the keyboard cuz it was tough but it's all mine.

Includes:
CRT screen off animation (credit goes to Daneshm90)
Nexus S Live Wallpaper (credit goes to Kmobs)
Themed framework
Themed system UI
(This includes the orange glow when you hit the top or bottom of a list)
Transparent notification background
Modified some (not all) menus to have the stock black background with white font – more to come in updates"
Go to THIS link for SCREEN SHOTS
[THEME] ALPHA-1 Stock Gingerbread for DX

Last edited:
Reactions: droidxixis

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
So this is basically ver 2 of the one we installed couple days ago...cant wait to get my phone working again so i can install it.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you are rooted, then get yoursef the rooted GB zip, then make sure u have the deodexed zip flashed, then flash this 1.1 ver. and you should be good to go. Do some forum reading too. Theres tons of links to view help topics.

Finsol

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
This theme bootlooped my phone lol, the first 1.0 version worked great. I followed the instructions, mounted system and bootloop madness. Had to SBF back to Froyo to fix it as CWM was not working after trying to apply the theme.

Guess I'll Just wait for Liberty 2.0 now XD.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm thats the same thing that happened to me and that was what on Saturday Jedi?? lol well as you saw in my other thread post all is well now and im back to unrooted froyo. And so it begins again. Luckily I still have z4 on my pc, and all the zips I need on my SD,lol

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm thats the same thing that happened to me and that was what on Saturday Jedi?? lol well as you saw in my other thread post all is well now and im back to unrooted froyo. And so it begins again. Luckily I still have z4 on my pc, and all the zips I need on my SD,lol

got it working for me guys, don't know what to say...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a feeling that the Deodexing patch doesn't play nice with all the hardware builds.

I know some that have been able to overclock to 1.2+ GHz. My DX does not tolerate anything higher than 1.15GHz. There's different hardware versions and I'm wondering if that may have something to do with it.

The deodexing patch may have been developed and tested on phones with different hardware. Those of us with problems have something slightly different under the hood that experience bad bugs with the deodexing patch.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a feeling that the Deodexing patch doesn't play nice with all the hardware builds.

I know some that have been able to overclock to 1.2+ GHz. My DX does not tolerate anything higher than 1.15GHz. There's different hardware versions and I'm wondering if that may have something to do with it.

The deodexing patch may have been developed and tested on phones with different hardware. Those of us with problems have something slightly different under the hood that experience bad bugs with the deodexing patch.

Not if your using Quick Clock..got mine at 1.25 ghz on balanced setting and can push it to 1.3 ghz.
;-)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

untappedalloy

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I went to the website that the screenshots were at in the op, and I came across further down the thread the crt screen download! The cool screen off animation was the main reason I wanted gingerbread and now my life is complete!

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Your phone did not like anything above 1.2GHz with another overlcock but did like it with Quick Clock?

I just use Quick Clock exclusively. Once you calibrate it to your phone it's good to go, it automatically does this and from that it sets your vsel. because every phone is different you can see how this tool can be handy, that's the beauty of this app. You then have default settings (based on the calibration of YOUR phone) that you can choose from. (high speed) (battery saver) ( Balanced) (default) and (none). This was posted here awhile back with a Youtube clip on a how to.

Reactions: jerseyboy357

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I also decided to check that Quick Clock and you can see in my sig, it does it all for you safely. I feel better using this as I am not skilled much in over clocking definitions and values. This app took a little while, which made me feel better hoping that was itself working properly. And the ass end of my phone isn't heating up like it was with jrummys. Maybe someday I will learn enough to feel comfy messing with jrummy's but for now I'm quite happy. Annd so is my X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabsixfamily80