Android 11 Weather Widget

ICohen2000

Feb 15, 2021
Visit site
Hi all,

A few weeks ago I upgraded my phone to the new Android 11 and one thing I noticed that I didn't really like was that the weather widget had become very small. They used to have the temperature in huge numbers and maybe it's just silliness but I'd rather go back to that. It's not that the widget is smaller; even on the maximum extended size the numbers only come out small and in the center. This makes it slightly harder to just glance at from a distance. I searched around for alternative weather widgets, but all the ones I've seen also include clocks or more information and therefore still make the temperature small even on the largest widget size. Does anyone here know of a hack to make the temperature numbers larger again?

Thanks alot,
Isaac

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's disappointing when those little changes occur with a major update, but make your apps act/look differently than before.

ICohen2000

Feb 15, 2021
Visit site
I'm using Transparent Clock & Weather by MACHAPP. It has lots of options to change text size and elements.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'm trying it out now and see it has lots of different widget options. But the temperature on them isn't that large (at least by default) and adjusting the size of the widget only increases the space in it (but not the font size of the temperature). Might there be a setting somewhere to change the latter? I couldn't find one.

younger996

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Transparent Clock & Weather by MACHAPP. It has lots of options to change text size and elements.
Yeah... me too.
It's the closest one that I could get to look like the old HD Widgets app..... I think they gave up after android 9...... It's a pity, it was a fantastic app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali