Android 15 Beta 2

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Anyone trying this? Looks like App pairs and secret folder borrowed from Samsung and it is right thing to do. Any improvements to dock?

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm still stuck in Android Beta 14 having opted out. Hoping that they let me out without the dreaded WIPE!!!!! But now I keep getting the wipe warning!

I have not opted back into Beta and am in no-man's land. Maybe I should opt back in and hope to get off the merry-go-round sometime later?????????

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, since opting out of Beta 14 kept prompting me to update to NON-beta and that it would wipe all my data...

I opted back into the Beta for 15. We shall see. I seem to be trapped in Beta Hell. I want out without a data wipe but don't seem to have the timing right.

Oh, well, will see how I like their new pairings feature. I've been using BeNice to pair apps and it has worked fine.

Reactions: srgonu

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Installed beta 2 and uninstalled Benice app. Now the inbuilt feature to create app pairs is good and works everytime. But the drawback is you can't create app pair if they aren't part of recent apps unlike Samsung. Also I like the feature "continue using apps on fold" (borrowed it from Oneplus) and hope samsung also implements it. Yet to play with secure folder.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to complete a SHARE either of a photo or link using the SHARE ICON. I believe this just started since using the 15 Beta.

For instance, just now I tracked my bike ride using two different apps. Both imploded after I selected SHARE or EXPORT. One is Gaia GPS and the other a Specialized biking app. Similarly, if I take a photo and then try sharing it, nothing happens. After I press Share (bottom left) I am back in the Camera App with no share option ever showing.

edited to add: I see others have reported this problem.

Last edited:

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How often to they release new versions?

Getting pretty tired of the very broken SHARE options in all apps including Photos, email, ANYTHING!

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Really, NO SHARE issues? There are daily reports on their bug reporting site.
Yes really no share issues. I share pics and stuff all the time from all kinds of apps without an issue

And to be clear I'm not saying you or some others don't, I'm just saying I haven't had that issue.
I'm not sure if you've wiped since being on beta or if you still have the same data from A14 but I have wiped and maybe that's the difference if you haven't. idk.. some people refuse to do that, me it's essential.

Last edited: