Android Auto in-call quality

bysvindal

Jul 17, 2022
Visit site
Has anyone noticed poor audio quality for in-calls when using Android Auto? The audio sounds muffled, like old 2G quality.
I am running a Samsung S22 Ultra. Testing along side an iphone, the difference is massive with the iphone having cristal clear quality. Is there something I'm doing wrong with AA and this s22u?

It's about AA via USB using Samsung original USBA to USBC cable.
Music seems fine, but call quality is terrible.

Last edited:

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Make sure your phone holder in the car isn't blocking the microphone on the bottom of the phone. I've had that happen before.

bysvindal

Jul 17, 2022
Visit site
The problem is not with how the other person is hearing me, it's how I hear the other person. The audio output for calls sounds very poor

bysvindal

Jul 17, 2022
Visit site
Hi. Yep, updated. I will try a re-pair and check after. It was soo weird because this is not the first time I'm using AA in the same car and I do not remember having this problem.

bysvindal

Jul 17, 2022
Visit site
Found the issue.
My phone is also connected to my Huawei Watch GT3 and the Huawei Health app had Call Logs and Phone permissions enabled. If I tried to initiate a call from AA - Phone I could hear the car dropping the call connection and handing it over to the phone. If I then manually switched to BT, the phone was routing the call to the watch. Not sure what happens, because on the phone, in the BT menu for the watch Calls are disabled and yet, as mentioned above, when switching manually from AA's Phone Call screen, to BT as call output for the active call, the phone was still able to route the call to the watch until I have completely denied permissions for the Huawei Health app.
Haven't had any issues after this.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Found the issue.
My phone is also connected to my Huawei Watch GT3 and the Huawei Health app had Call Logs and Phone permissions enabled. If I tried to initiate a call from AA - Phone I could hear the car dropping the call connection and handing it over to the phone. If I then manually switched to BT, the phone was routing the call to the watch. Not sure what happens, because on the phone, in the BT menu for the watch Calls are disabled and yet, as mentioned above, when switching manually from AA's Phone Call screen, to BT as call output for the active call, the phone was still able to route the call to the watch until I have completely denied permissions for the Huawei Health app.
Haven't had any issues after this.
Glad to hear that, but if it was switching to your watch you should of been able to see that right away, like my Google buds are sync to phone and phone sync to Bluetooth of the radio so when I get in my car it drops the buds while I'm on it to the radio until I manually connect to the buds again, pain in the butt lol

bysvindal

Jul 17, 2022
Visit site
Well, in my case it seems that when I was receiving a call it did not switch but instead I was getting crappy audio quality. It was dropping the call on AA when I was initiating the call and switching to the phone earpiece and here, when I was switching manually to BT on the AA Phone Call screen, it was moving it to the watch...totally weird behaviour

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well, in my case it seems that when I was receiving a call it did not switch but instead I was getting crappy audio quality. It was dropping the call on AA when I was initiating the call and switching to the phone earpiece and here, when I was switching manually to BT on the AA Phone Call screen, it was moving it to the watch...totally weird behaviour
Yeah definitely, if it keeps happening report it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali