Android Auto keeps turning on BT but, as soon as my phone pairs, Android Auto shuts off

Jared C

Jun 19, 2019
Visit site
Samsung S8+ and S10+ (various operating systems) in Subaru Impreza and Nissan Sentra

I've run AA on both phones in both cars over the past two years with the same problem. Quick rundown:

• Battery manager off
• BT off (tried using apps to completely disable it and the system overrides them)
• All BT related systems force stopped, caches cleared
• Connection cables tried: stock, aftermarket (everything from 7/11 to Best Buy quality)
• Tried uninstall/reinstall AA
• Tried turning off phone and restarting while plugged into running car
• Tried plugging in before and after turning car on
• Tried every combination of the aforementioned
• Turned off auti connect in AA settings
• Turned off auto connect in phone settings
• Unpaired from cars (AA automatically repairs them while I'm driving then... wait for it... causes AA to shut down)
• Yes...I tried simply plugging it in

Nobody, including the vehicle manufacturers, seems to have a clue about this when I bring it up. Either I'm a new kind of stupid and doing something very basic wrong, or this is a more common problem than people report.

Seems like there's no point in having a hands free system which doesn't work without you constantly manipulating it while driving.

What few related issues I do find online get a few basic answers ("try plugging in the phone without BT on" or "try disabling BT" and the person asking the question gives up.

Anything? Anyone?