Android Auto problems

Clancy3434

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
2 XL w/ 2018 Chevy Equinox.

First day or so with it I had no issues with Android Auto. Plugged in and went.

Now it's not recognizing that my device is plugged in.

Read if a few people having problems with off brand wires, so went and bought a brand new Samsung USB a to USB c wire from Best Buy. Still doesn't work.

Huge inconvenience as I'm still relatively new to the city I'm in and rely on the map to get me around, and didn't get navigation on the car because of Android Auto.

Anyone else having any issues, and or have any ideas/suggestions as to what might be wrong?

alodar101

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Android auto had been very inconsistent for me, at best. when it does room, it runs well. but it's likely to disconnect on me at any time.

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry you're having problems. Android Auto has worked fine for me with my new Pixel 2 XL in my 17 VW Passat.

One of the things that worked for me when I was having issues with my previous phone, a Galaxy S6, was to tell the phone to forget all cars it was setup for, then when I plugged it in again it went through the setup process. After that it worked fine. It may not fix your issues, but it's worth a try.

Clancy3434

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Deleted everything and started over without pairing the phone and finally worked.

When the phone was paired first it wasn't working. Odd.

anon(9023234)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Mine started great, and I've generally not have issues with AA with other phones in the past. Recently it did start this weird thing were half the times it doesn't start AA on first try. I have to remove cable, plug it back in and then it gets going.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm only using it via the app as nobody in Europe sells a decent head unit for a car. Issues I'm seeing is that the always-on display won't activate when the phone locks using AA, so it means you have to press the power button to wake the screen instead of being able to double tap the screen. Also, intermittently the 4 navigation buttons from the bottom disappear (normally on the phone tab) and you have to exit the app and reopen it to get them back.

08BlackWRX

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I had problems getting AA working on my Kenwood HU, got it fixed by getting a better USB-C cable and enabled USB debugging on developer settings. Before the change it would work about 1 out of 10 times, but now it works every time I plug in. No crashes either

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796