Android Backup w/ Encrypted SD Card.

shrilllying

Jun 14, 2020
Visit site
Help please.

I encrypted my Android's SD card using the phone's native encryption, but the phone is not otherwise encrypted.

In case the phone dies or a Factory Restore is someday needed, I would like to insert another SD card, backup Contacts/Messages/Calendar etc. UNencrypted, remove that unencrypted SD card, and reinsert the encrypted card I've been using.

My question is:

Can I simply remove the encrypted SD card, turn off SD card encryption, put in the new unencrypted SD card I want to save the backups on, remove it after backing up, turn SD card encryption back on, reinsert the encrypted card.

And the phone will have no problem reading the encrypted files already on there?

Or do I need to UNencrypt the encrypted card that is in there now, put in the new SD card and backup UNencrypted, remove it and put the formerly encrypted card back in and then turn encryption back on and reencrypt that card again?

Thank you.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This there main concern

My question is:

"Can I simply remove the encrypted SD card, turn off SD card encryption, put in the new unencrypted SD card I want to save the backups on, remove it after backing up, turn SD card encryption back on, reinsert the encrypted card"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d